FS: new Paradox 5.0 and DBase 5.0 for Windows

FS: new Paradox 5.0 and DBase 5.0 for Windows

Post by Ernest Caleb Paso » Fri, 03 May 1996 04:00:00

I won the following two databases in a contest, and don't have any use
for them.  Both are unused (although the Paradox is no longer shrinkwrapped),
and contain all manuals/whatever that come with the products.  These are
full versions, not upgrades.

        Paradox 5.0 (win): $150 or reasonable offer
        DBase 5.0 for windows: $150 or reasonable offer
        Borland Reportsmith 2.5 (win): $50 or reasonable offer

1. Run time development: dBase for windows or Paradox 5.0 for windows

I am interested in developing some simple programs for Windows.
The types of programs that I am iterested in developing are very
well suited to database programming.  So I want to purchase a
Windows database.  I am trying to decide between dBase for Windows
and Paradox 5.0 for Windows.

I have used both dBase IV and Paradox 4.5 for Windows in different
work experiences but I have no personal investment in either (so
backwards compatability is not an issue).  What are some of the
issues that I should be concerned with and which package is better
at handling these issues?  One issue which I am concerned about is
which of the two has the better run time edition (e.g. size of
executables produced, amount of resources required, etc.).  I
would like to keep one or two of the apps I develop open all the
time so I am looking for the program that will require the least
amount of overhead.

I am not considering Access at this time.  I don't like the fact
that all of my elements (tables, forms, reports, programs, etc.)
have to be in the same file.  I can see a few advantages to this,
but they don't outweigh the disadvantages.  If anyone can convince
me that I would be better off going with Access in spite or because
of this I am willing to listen.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

--
Don A Potter

2. Access to SQL 7 Problem

3. FS: VB 5.0 NEW $75

4. Workspace Problem

5. FS: FoxPro 5.0 Pro * new * $100

6. DbLib and Oracle (?)

7. FS PowerBuilder 5.0 Desktop for Windows

8. Need HELP from a Resource Freaks

9. FS: VFP 5.0 new

10. Pdox Win 5.0 VS dbase win 5.0 transactions

11. Paradox 3.5 to Paradox 5.0 for Windows

12. Paradox for Windows 5.0 Stability under Windows 95?

13. Windows On-Line help with Paradox for Windows 5.0