Shared Printer in SCO

Post by Dave Gord » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 22:38:39

I am trying to print to a network printer(HP4050) defined in SCO from
D3.  It sends the data to the printer, but I get a "line too long"
message at the end, and it reprints every 90 seconds.  What am I doing
wrong?

startshp 12,12,1,lp.unix,(lp -o width=220) (s

This is using the HPLaserJet definition in SCO.

Dave Gordon

Shared Printer in SCO

Post by Excalibu » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 09:36:35

Hi
You are not doing anything wrong.  The fault is in the SCO definition.  We
had this problem and had to edit the definition which has a dodgy line in
it.  I am sorry I do not have a SCO system handy to check what it was as we
now use NT which is much better.
Keep picking

Quote:> I am trying to print to a network printer(HP4050) defined in SCO from
> D3.  It sends the data to the printer, but I get a "line too long"
> message at the end, and it reprints every 90 seconds.  What am I doing
> wrong?

> startshp 12,12,1,lp.unix,(lp -o width=220) (s

> This is using the HPLaserJet definition in SCO.

> Dave Gordon

Shared Printer in SCO

Post by Dave Gord » Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:16:06

After playing with the settings, I got around the problem by using the
raw option on the lp command.

Dave Gordon

> Hi
> You are not doing anything wrong.  The fault is in the SCO definition.  We
> had this problem and had to edit the definition which has a dodgy line in
> it.  I am sorry I do not have a SCO system handy to check what it was as we
> now use NT which is much better.
> Keep picking

> > I am trying to print to a network printer(HP4050) defined in SCO from
> > D3.  It sends the data to the printer, but I get a "line too long"
> > message at the end, and it reprints every 90 seconds.  What am I doing
> > wrong?

> > startshp 12,12,1,lp.unix,(lp -o width=220) (s

> > This is using the HPLaserJet definition in SCO.

> > Dave Gordon

1. Netgear Print Server D3 SCO Shared printer.

We are attempting to set up a shared printer using a 3 port Netgear print server. The printer uses ports 4010 4020 and 4030. The only way we've been able get the darned thing to print is to use a command called netcap which we downloaded from AP Lawrence.

Netcap allows us to specify a port to print to on the print server. Does anyone know what we should do in order to be able to configure each port on the print server to be a shared printer in d3?

2. Help creating tables in datasource

3. SCO shared printers

4. which PD version for DOS

5. AP/SCO Shared Printer

6. Help cleaning up string data in address

7. D3/SCO shared printers

8. Check writing add-on for Paradox or Qpro?

9. Still having printer problems on d3/Linux shared printers

10. D3 SCO and Printers

11. Installation of Serial Printer on Pick/Sco

12. D3 on SCO release 5 Problem with printer spawning

13. AP/SCO Serial Printer Baud Rates