VFP6, Palm OS Application, Symbol CSM 150 Scanner, Application Development

VFP6, Palm OS Application, Symbol CSM 150 Scanner, Application Development

Post by PB » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:12:40

I would like to develop a Foxpro program that would take a set of data
from my database and convert that data into a database format that
could be used on a Handheld device running Palm OS (specifically a
Handspring Visor Platinum).
What would be my options for a file format? Has anyone converted their
foxpro data into the palm's native database format?
Once the data is on the handheld, I would want to use a Symbol CSM 150
scanner module to scan barcodes, then using a portion of the barcode,
scan then database for the matching record, display the record
information, prompt for necessary changes and then repeat.
Once the barcode scanning is complete, I would like to re-synchronize
the data back into my original Foxpro table.

Since I have no experience in Palm application programming. I need
input from you experts out there who have already delved into this
field.

What Palm OS development tools should I look into (AppForge,
Codewarrior...)? Which ones are royalty free? Which are the easiest to
program and use? Which are the cheapest?  How do I interface to
foxpro? I know that it is do-able, but the devil is in the details so
any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Paul

1. US-CA-ORACLE APPLICATIONS IT 150

JOB ID:109612

To reply to this job, please click
http://www.ORAsearch.com/job.cfm?JOBID=109612
A dedicated web site for ORACLE jobs and resumes!

Company Name:APN Software Services Inc.

APN Software Services Inc.

Bay Area,CA  USA

PLease quote in subject line Reference Number: IT 150

Job Description

Primary Function: Oracle 11i Performance Expert. Performance analysis of
overall application environment. Deep understanding of Oracle
applications technology stack performance opportunities. Optimize the
overall technology stack based on best practices and industry standards.
Recommend industry standard tools and processes for optimization and
automation Skills and capabilities. Previous performance tuning
experience on multiple large-scale Oracle implementations in a lead
position. Industry awareness of best practices and emerging
technologies. Business knowledge/awareness in at least 3 major multiple
functional areas (Finance, Manufacturing, Procurement, Order Management,
Logistics) Knowledge of interdependencies between Oracle modules
(Finance, Manufacturing, Procurement, Order Management, Logistics).
Knowledge of industry standard interfacing and third party
products/software typically used in Oracle implementations Performs
individual assignments associated with the design, support, maintenance,
deployment of applications, and management of the information systems,
products and services that support the internal operations of

Qualifications

Bachelors or Master Degree or University Degree or equivalent plus a
minimum of 8 years relevant experience, with typically 12 to 20 years
practical experience. Post-graduate and/or certification /license may be
required.

1.Experience/knowledge of Oracle applications architecture.
Manufacturing, Procurement, Finance, Order Management, Logistics
modules. Forms layer (what s installed where / how does it work).

2. E-bis module. OEM. Workflow. Discoverer. Oracle Tutor. OWMS. Express
Server. Apache2. 18-24+ months Oracle 11i ERP experience

3.Java and Web Server experience

4.7 years Oracle Application DBA experience

5.Knowledgeable on Unix operating systems (HPUX preferred)

6.Good SQL/PLSQL/shell /Forms programming skills

7.Oracle database and tuning skills, with excellent debugging skills

8.Knowledge of Internet/Intranet architecture

9.Strong background in Database environment and tools

10.Strong communication skills

11.Ability to work in a geographically dispersed Support team which
includes deep knowledge of related processes and tools You will need to
be educated to at least university degree level, have
post-graduate/certification/license, and have at least 12 years
practical experience. This is where your expertise, influence and
solutions-oriented approach will make an impact.

2. US-MD Oracle Database Administrator

3. text search

4. Pdox 9 - Palm OS - Development and the BDE

5. C-ISAM & Solaris Threads

6. Using Scanner from Visual C++ application

7. TAB order problem in Dynamics 20A

8. Application using barcode scanners