ADO 2.1 Object Library Distribution Issues

ADO 2.1 Object Library Distribution Issues

Post by Nick Tufar » Sun, 20 May 2001 01:22:15

Hi All,

I have licensesd copies of Access '97 and Access 2K on my desktop, where  I
develop applications using both versions of Access.  Access 2K comes with
the ADO 2.1 Library, and Access '97 doesn't.

Most of my users have Access '97 and they need to retrieve data from a
shared (located on our file server) Access 2K database.  The only way they
can do this is if they have the ADO 2.1 Object Library on their systems and
their Access '97 databases reference the ADO library.

Is there any licensing/distribution problems with these users just getting a
copy of this ADO Object Library by just copying it from my PC?

Thanks in advance.

ADO 2.1 Object Library Distribution Issues

Post by \ » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:25:21

What is wrong with ADO 2.6

We always require they install MDAC 2.6 first

Adam
* Keep up-to-date by attending the monthly meetings at the 'Access/SQL
Server/ASP.Net User Group, Sydney"   www.ssw.com.au/AccessUG
Check out these HOT UTILITIES FOR ACCESS AND VB DEVELOPERS....
www.ssw.com.au
* SSW Data PRO  - Version Control for your data.mdb
* SSW Data Renovator  - Compare the differences between two data.mdb's
* SSW Upsize PRO! - Don't UPSIZE to SQL Server without it
* SSW SQL Script Wizard - A utility to run .sql files
* SSW Performance PRO! - Find out what is slow in your Access App

Quote:> Hi All,

> I have licensesd copies of Access '97 and Access 2K on my desktop, where
> develop applications using both versions of Access.  Access 2K comes with
> the ADO 2.1 Library, and Access '97 doesn't.

> Most of my users have Access '97 and they need to retrieve data from a
> shared (located on our file server) Access 2K database.  The only way they
> can do this is if they have the ADO 2.1 Object Library on their systems
and
> their Access '97 databases reference the ADO library.

> Is there any licensing/distribution problems with these users just getting
> copy of this ADO Object Library by just copying it from my PC?

> Thanks in advance.

1. ADO data control 6.0 and ADO data object 2.1 conflict

When I use ADO Data object 2.0 and ADO data control 6.0, whenever I try to
access the data source property of a binding control, immediately VB gives
me an out of memory error.

When I use ADO Data object 2.1 as a reference instead of 2.0, I got an error
saying that I am not referencing correct number of parameters when I make a
call to a method in my ADO data controls, such as adodc1_movecomplete etc...

This is my first ado data control project and it gets me very confused! Any
helps???

Justin

P.S. What I have is very simple, just 6 label boxes binded to adodc1. I
entered a SQL query into adodc1.recordsource at form_load.

2. Bulk Insert Task won't stop logging

3. ADO 2.0 to 2.1 library

4. Validation in VB 6.0

5. ADO Referece to 2.0 or 2.1 library

6. WA-SEATTLE-87856--Database Design-C++-MS SQL Server-ORACLE-Information Systems E

7. Performance issue - Access 2000 using VB6 and ADO 2.1 with SQL

8. Data objects closed error in ADO 2.1 and SQL server 6.5

9. ADO Control against ADO 2.1 and ADO 2.0

10. ODBC 2.1 Distribution

11. MDAC 2.1 distribution help!!