Removing ADO 2.0 from project adding ADO 2.5

Removing ADO 2.0 from project adding ADO 2.5

Post by Marku » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 22:59:02

Hello,

     When I remove ADO 2.0 from reference and update to
2.5. I then run program and get this error.

Compile Error : Procedure declaration does not match
description of event or procedure having the same name.

I thought 2.5 had backward compatability?

Thanks
Markus

Removing ADO 2.0 from project adding ADO 2.5

Post by Val Mazu » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 01:08:04

Hi,

Starting ADO 2.1 programming interface of some objects was changed. What you
need to do is to copy code inside those event into backup place, delete
whole event procedure from the code, re-define event again and place code
inside newly create event. It should work fine after that

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:> Hello,