FPD 2.6, Win2000, & Mice

Post by Al Fri » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I have a couple of FPD applications that ran fine on my computer under
Windows NT 4.0 workstation.  I decided to upgraded to Windows 2000, so
I bought some new hard drives and installed Windows 2000 on *
drives and put them in the same computer.  I also took out the old NT
4.0 drives.

Everything seems to work fine except in ALL dos apps the mouse does
not work properly.  I have tested two other apps not written in FPD 26
and they are having he same problem.  They all ran did fine under NT
4.0 WS.   The DOS apps do not respond to any mouse commands.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks,
Al Frick

FPD 2.6, Win2000, & Mice

Post by Paul Alle » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Al: I had the exact same problem... I found the a knowledge base item on the
Microsoft web site that corrected it....

Checkout article Q260209 on the MS web site.. but here is the fix....
Disable QuickEdit mode in the PIF for the MS-DOS-based program:

  1.. Start the MS-DOS-based program.

  2.. Right-click the program window's title bar, and then click Properties.

  3.. On the Options tab, click to clear the QuickEdit Mode check box.

  4.. Click OK.

  5.. Click Save Properties, and then click OK.

  6.. Close the windows and then start the program again.

Quote:> I have a couple of FPD applications that ran fine on my computer under
> Windows NT 4.0 workstation.  I decided to upgraded to Windows 2000, so
> I bought some new hard drives and installed Windows 2000 on *
> drives and put them in the same computer.  I also took out the old NT
> 4.0 drives.

> Everything seems to work fine except in ALL dos apps the mouse does
> not work properly.  I have tested two other apps not written in FPD 26
> and they are having he same problem.  They all ran did fine under NT
> 4.0 WS.   The DOS apps do not respond to any mouse commands.

> Does anyone know why?

> Thanks,
> Al Frick

FPD 2.6, Win2000, & Mice

Post by Al Fri » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:32:50

Thanks.  It worked great.

Al

1. FPD 2.6 & PC Anywhere

We have several branch offices that run compiled Foxpro programs over
a modem running Norton PC Anywhere. Everything works fine except for
some of the popups that are modified browse windows. When the browse
comes up the cursor will not move and  and the browse will not
scroll.

All the other various controls work fine. I am using the browse
because I can position myself in specific position in the file and
begin the scroll from that position. All other scroll type controls
are just to slow. Popups even with the proper indexes set takes a
very long time to find a record on large datbases.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Corby Wilson
Tele-Tech

2. Looking for small intervention in Australia (Adelaide and Brisben) november 1998

3. FPD 2.6 & SQL Server 7

4. Data Migration package

5. FPD 2.6 & Printing Labels w/ Laserjet III

6. restore problems

7. FPD 2.6 Win XP Pro NTFS problem

8. Record locking lesson required

9. FPD 2.6 and Win XP