D3/AIX Account Restore from D3/NT

Post by MIMS I » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 05:44:27

I am having difficulty restoring an account from a D3/NT pseudo-floppy save
that was FTP'd to an AIX machine.  I can attach to the file but when I begin
the account-restore I get a number of missing file errors.  I have found the
that in the MDS an entry is created with a Super-Q-pointer to FSI:.... for the
account name.  Is there an option for the account-restore or the account-save
command that will make them compatible?  Any help?  TIA.

Todd

D3/AIX Account Restore from D3/NT

Post by Robert Burk » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:15:59

You will need to use the (a option on the file-save or account-save in
order to be able to restore the data onto a D3/AIX system.

Quote:> I am having difficulty restoring an account from a D3/NT pseudo-floppy
save
> that was FTP'd to an AIX machine.  I can attach to the file but when I
begin
> the account-restore I get a number of missing file errors.  I have
found the
> that in the MDS an entry is created with a Super-Q-pointer to FSI:....
for the
> account name.  Is there an option for the account-restore or the
account-save
> command that will make them compatible?  Any help?  TIA.

> Todd

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. ACCOUNT-RESTORE from D3/NT to D3/AIX

Haven't been using Pick/D3 it quite some time so....

I have a D3/NT system where all the files are not in the VME but in
the FSI.  When I take an ACCOUNT-SAVE to a psuedo floppy from NT and
then try to restore it onto the AIX I get errors because the restore
is try to create NT files.

Does anyone know of an option which will work?  It wouldn't happen to
be the good ole' (c option would it?  Could it be that simple?  I was
just reviewing the D3 manual but didn't see any reference to this type
of function.

Help :-(

2. how to set a unique ID

3. D3 Nt to D3 Unix account-restore

4. How to access the DHCP file in Windows NT to update it?

5. Restore d3/NT fsi account on D3/SCO

6. ?Access97 to Oracle 8.04

7. Account Restore Problems - D3/AIX

8. datareport printer problem

9. restore from D3NT:FSI account to D3:AIX

10. Moving data from D3 AIX to D3 NT

11. D3/NT Verses D3/AIX

12. Writing D3 AIX using OSFI to D3 NT problem

13. D3/Linux Restore from D3/NT