Problem installing Pervasive SQL 7 32 bit client.

Problem installing Pervasive SQL 7 32 bit client.

Post by Geoffrey McGuir » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

When installing the Pervasive SQL 7.0 32 bit client I get the following
error,

  "Error 31 accessing cmdiag32.dll"

pressing ok means that the install fails.

Is this a known issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Geoff McGuire

Problem installing Pervasive SQL 7 32 bit client.

Post by Phi » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I haven't seen this one personally, but here's a couple of suggestions
that work for many strange errors:

First, make sure that there is no anti-virus software running.  That
can stop it almost anywhere.

Second, look for and try renaming calwin32.dll and clnwinth.dll.

Third, see if you can skip the Scout tests and finish the install
anyhow.  Just to make sure it's not simply the utility failing, try
your application and see what that returns.

If it it still fails we'll need more information. You can write us at

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 10:46:39 +0100, "Geoffrey McGuire"

>When installing the Pervasive SQL 7.0 32 bit client I get the following
>error,

>  "Error 31 accessing cmdiag32.dll"

>pressing ok means that the install fails.

>Is this a known issue?

>Any help would be appreciated.

>Regards

>Geoff McGuire

1. Installing 32-bit SQL Client

We've just installed SQL Server on our network, but I can only find the Dos
& 16 Bit Client within the clients folder on the installation disk.  If you
could refer me to the location of the 32-bit SQL client installer, I'd be
much obliged.

Thanks,
Chad Baldwin

2. Access report

3. 32-bit Client Install Disks instead of CD ?

4. Analyze

5. Restructuring a Database

6. Automatically installing 32 bit client

7. Truncated Data.

8. Installing 16 and 32 bit clients

9. Upgrading 16 bit client to 32 bit??

10. 32-bit Clients to 64-bit Oracle Server

11. 32-bit client to 64-bit server

12. 64 bit client accessing 32 bit server?