Help closing ingres gracefully

Post by COLIN.MACKELLA » Tue, 21 May 1996 04:00:00

 Apologies to all who are already aware of this.

 Beware of the class A bug in 6.4/03 & 6.4/04 that causes table
 corruptions when a "remove thread" is executed in ipm or iimonitor.
 Most times you get off scott free, if you're unlucky the server dies
 immediately, if you're very unlucky the buffer manager starts writing
 dirty pages anywhere in any open DB, and goes on doing it until the
 server dies - without any error message.  Nightmare huh! :-(

 This is fixed in 6.4/05 and in OI 1.1 ...

 Colin.

 | Colin MacKellar                    |  Database Manager       |
 | Tel  +44 (0)115 966 2177           |  398 Coppice Road       |
 | Fax  +44 (0)115 966 2091           |  Arnold                 |