Progress 8.3 and AIX 5.1

Post by Dennis Lincol » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 04:43:24

Hi all,
    I am trying to get the progress server to start up on an AIX 5.1 machine
and am getting an error 1174 whenever I try it.  I have updated my Progress
version to 8.3E02 as well as updating my AIX to 5.1 patch level 2, but that
does not seem to help (as suggested by the Progress knowledge base).  Is
there anyone out there that has gotten around this problem and if so how?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Dennis Lincoln

Progress 8.3 and AIX 5.1

Post by Cecil Snodgras » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 01:44:06

Hope you got the right version of Progress, AIX 5 (Linux) vs AIX 4.  Can you
start a server with out the -S and N parameters.  Show your startup script.

Quote:> Hi all,
>     I am trying to get the progress server to start up on an AIX 5.1
machine
> and am getting an error 1174 whenever I try it.  I have updated my
Progress
> version to 8.3E02 as well as updating my AIX to 5.1 patch level 2, but
that
> does not seem to help (as suggested by the Progress knowledge base).  Is
> there anyone out there that has gotten around this problem and if so how?

> Thanks for any help you can offer,

> Dennis Lincoln

Progress 8.3 and AIX 5.1

Post by Kevi » Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:31:20

Quote:> Hi all,
>     I am trying to get the progress server to start up on an AIX 5.1
machine
> and am getting an error 1174 whenever I try it.  I have updated my
Progress
> version to 8.3E02 as well as updating my AIX to 5.1 patch level 2, but
that
> does not seem to help (as suggested by the Progress knowledge base).  Is
> there anyone out there that has gotten around this problem and if so how?

> Thanks for any help you can offer,

> Dennis Lincoln

Try truncating the BI file.. Normally this is caused by the SHMEM segment ID
being left behind in the master block.. Truncating might clean it out..

Kevin

Progress 8.3 and AIX 5.1

Post by Peterwete » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 06:06:00

> > Hi all,
> >     I am trying to get the progress server to start up on an AIX 5.1
> machine
> > and am getting an error 1174 whenever I try it.  I have updated my
> Progress
> > version to 8.3E02 as well as updating my AIX to 5.1 patch level 2, but
> that
> > does not seem to help (as suggested by the Progress knowledge base).  Is
> > there anyone out there that has gotten around this problem and if so
how?

> > Thanks for any help you can offer,

> > Dennis Lincoln

> Try truncating the BI file.. Normally this is caused by the SHMEM segment
ID
> being left behind in the master block.. Truncating might clean it out..

A prostrct repair does that.

Peter

1. AIX 4.3 and Progress 8.3 Performance.

I am major having performance problems . The system is running 8 CPU's 4 Gig
of RAM .
The database is 5 Gigs. I have tried using -directio and running 10 APW's
this did help.
The database blocks are 8k the same as the filesystem and the -B is set to
50000 or 400Meg.
We had logical volume mirrored , but this has been turned off.
Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. SQL Enterprise Manager concurrent sessions

3. Migrate from Progress 16 bits (i.e 8.1) to Progress 32 bits (i.e 8.3)

4. NATIONWIDE AUCTION SYSTEMS NEEDS DEVELOPERS

5. Progress 8.3 to SQL 7.0

6. INFOs needed: Tools behind relational DBMS

7. SQL INSERT syntax for Progress 8.3

8. Running 2 SQL*Loader sessions simultaneously on one table with Standard Edition

9. Progress 8.3 to SQL 7.0

10. JDBC for Progress 8.3, configuration help needed.

11. Progress 8.3 and SQL-92

12. Progress 8.3 and Perl

13. Progress 8.3 and HPUX11