Set page width

Post by Woon » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:54:25

My company has just installed a ERP system developed under Progress. I start
to learn to write simple query and export result to a ascii file.  I found
that the page width is limited to not more than 70 characters wide.  Would
any one tell me how to expand it to 132 or 256 character per line.  Below is
my query syntax

output to junk.txt.
for each customer:
     display cust-num ...
end.
output close.

Thanks

Set page width

Post by Wilfred Wijnnobe » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

You need to define a frame of 132 character wide.

Like

Form cust_num........
         with no-box no-labels width 132 frame x.

and in your display statement use this frame, like

display cust_num ..... with frame x.

An other option is to use the PUT statement instead of the DISPLAY
statement.

Quote:> My company has just installed a ERP system developed under Progress. I
start
> to learn to write simple query and export result to a ascii file.  I found
> that the page width is limited to not more than 70 characters wide.  Would
> any one tell me how to expand it to 132 or 256 character per line.  Below
is
> my query syntax

> output to junk.txt.
> for each customer:
>      display cust-num ...
> end.
> output close.

> Thanks

Set page width

Post by Woon » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Wilfred

Thanks for your help.

KM

> You need to define a frame of 132 character wide.

> Like

> Form cust_num........
>          with no-box no-labels width 132 frame x.

> and in your display statement use this frame, like

> display cust_num ..... with frame x.

> An other option is to use the PUT statement instead of the DISPLAY
> statement.

> > My company has just installed a ERP system developed under Progress. I
> start
> > to learn to write simple query and export result to a ascii file.  I
found
> > that the page width is limited to not more than 70 characters wide.
Would
> > any one tell me how to expand it to 132 or 256 character per line.
Below
> is
> > my query syntax

> > output to junk.txt.
> > for each customer:
> >      display cust-num ...
> > end.
> > output close.

> > Thanks

Set page width

Post by Ildefonzo Aroch » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

You can also try

output to c:\test.txt.

for each customer:
  display customer with width 200 stream-io.
end.
output close.

the strem-io clause arranges some things up when dumping text data.
Hope it helps

Ildefonzo