Cannot run Foxpro 2.6 Dos EXE program under Windows

Cannot run Foxpro 2.6 Dos EXE program under Windows

Post by Mclean Car » Fri, 31 Mar 1995 04:00:00

When I try to run a compact EXE program under Windows, I get the error

                 Insufficient file handles
           Increase the files=value in config.sys

I still get this error eventhough I set files=100 in config.sys.

Can anyone help, please?

Cannot run Foxpro 2.6 Dos EXE program under Windows

Post by Jack Lind » Sat, 01 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>When I try to run a compact EXE program under Windows, I get the error
>                 Insufficient file handles
>           Increase the files=value in config.sys
>I still get this error eventhough I set files=100 in config.sys.
>Can anyone help, please?

Are you running on a network (Novell perhaps)?  You may also need to increase
the file handles under the network.
If you are running Novell, try looking at your NET.CFG file for the line

file handles=90

or something like that.  If you don't have it, add it.
Jack Linder

Post by Dave Zorno » Sat, 01 Apr 1995 04:00:00

> When I try to run a compact EXE program under Windows, I get the error

>                  Insufficient file handles

Are you running the .exe with the +X on the command line?
This forces FP to run in extended mode. It doesn't directly answer your question...
but if this isn't a problem now, it probably will be some day. Try it, can't hurt!

Cannot run Foxpro 2.6 Dos EXE program under Windows

Post by FJ40N » Sat, 01 Apr 1995 04:00:00

RE: insufficient file handles running foxpro dos app under windows....

How many handles have you allocated to HIMEM.SYS?  more importatnly, if
you've got share.exe loaded, how many lock handles have you allocated?

I have about 100 locks on HIMEM.SYS, and about the same on share.exe, and
it runs my 2.5 dos apps just fine, and at times I have over 50 tables open
at the same time.  If this doesn;t help, e-mail me and I'll get more
details for you.
JD

1. WTB: Foxbase+, FoxPro 1.0 for Win, FoxPro 2.0 for DOS, FoxPro 2.6 DOS/Win

If you have disks, manuals, or complete copies of Foxbase+, FoxPro 1.0
for Win, FoxPro 2.0 for DOS, or FoxPro 2.6 for DOS or Win you would be
willing to sell at some price, please send condition and price to

--
Eric Engelmann, Owner/Technical Director
EMS Professional Software/Consulting

http://www.wdn.com/ems

2. Thanx for the URL

3. Foxpro 2.5 Dos and Foxpro 2.6 Windows

4. SERVERMSG: 2762

5. Error Running FoxPro for Windows 2.6 in Windows 98

6. TIMESTAMP in Pervasive.SQL

7. Running DOS programs from Foxpro Windows

8. Delaware - Oracle Applications Developer

9. how can I get DOS foxpro 2.5 to allow other programs to run under Windows

10. how to pass parameters to file exe in foxpro dos 2.6

11. FoxPro 2.6 DOS EXE: Create Table and arrays in screens problem

12. Checking for which version of Windows/DOS called a Fox 2.6 program

13. Foxpro 2.6 DOS running in W95 despooling to WFWG printer