MSDASC.DataLinks problem

Post by Anthony Baraf » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:46:24

I'm using the MSDASC.Datalinks Object in order to allow my users to change
the data source in a program that I'm writing.  It seems to work fine for
creating a new Connection when I use the PromptNew() method.  When I use the
ProptEdit() method I run into problems.  It seems to allow the user to
change the database connection, but upon choosing the OK option it generates
the following error: "Error occurred while attempting to set the properties
you entered. To make changes and try again, click Cancel. To accept this
error and continue, click OK.  Failed properties:".  It then lists one or
more properties like Password or DataSource.  I've only tested it with
Access 97 Databases using the Jet 4.0 Provider.  If anyone knows a way to
correct this problem I'd appreciate it.  Otherwise I'm going to have to use
the promptnew method exclusively, which will be frustrating to users, but
less so than not being able to change the database.

Thanks,

Anthony

Remove the NOSPAM from my email address to contact me directly.

1. MSDASC.DataLinks problem

[...]

2. Entry level Oracle position wanted

3. MSDASC.DataLinks

4. Impromptu and Oracle 8i

5. Datalinks Replication/ASNDLCOPYD - DJRA v.181 not recognizing datalinks as valid column type

6. trigger

7. Wingz/Datalink Date Download problem

8. Calculating the children's average value and presenting the result as a measure in the parent level

9. MacTCP problem with Informix DataLink

10. Problem entering datalink type data.

11. UDB6: problems with datalink column

12. Problemas con MSDASC.MSDAINITIALIZE

13. Does anyone know how to use MSDASC??