FM Pro 3 -- Win 95 -- can't find host

Post by Webmaste » Sat, 31 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I'm having trouble getting a guest computer hooked up to FM Pro 3 on
a Win 95 peer-to-peer network, using the built in networking software.

The host copy of FM Pro opens fine as a multiuser copy.  However, guest
machines don't show any hosts in the Host box, and trying to open the
file directly yields the "single user or host not found" error.

Does the host/guest system even work on peer-to-peer networks?

The protocol for both the network and each copy of FM Pro 3 is IPX,
again the built in Microsoft version.  However, the Win 95 network was
originally NetBeui, and that  protocol is still present in the Network
Control Panel.  Do I need to remove it?  Each version of FileMaker shows
that IPX loads properly, on the startup screen.

Thanks...
Mark Saltveit, Editor
The Palindromist
http://www.realchange.org/pal

1. FM Server: See host, can't see shared FM DB's

Hi,

I'm trying to open a database in FM Pro 4.1 using TCP-IP.  On NT 4 SP6 FM
Server is running, I start the server and give it the command line option to
share a particular database.  When I go to the client machine running FM Pro
4.1,  I select the HOSTS button and it finds the host.  Unfortunately no
databases are listed when I double click on the host server.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?  Do I have to open the file on
the NT server in FM Pro 4.1 and set it to share or do something else with FM
Server on the command line?

Help appreciated (of course)
cheers
James

2. SQL installation fail

3. Filemaker Pro for win'95

4. Informix job in Orange county

5. VB 3.0 Can't Find Database in Win 95

6. How to read/write Excel5 file from VB3 using ISAM?

7. Mac OS X FM client can't find host

8. Noise Words

9. FM Pro 5.5 OS X Solution won't open and shuts down program

10. Reportsmith won't print to fax on Win 95

11. FMP 4 won't start on Win 95

12. Pictures or images FM 4.0 Win 95