VFP6 View with Substring Search?

Post by Steve Craf » Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to build a Parameterized View, but I want to do a substring
search with 2 parameters.

If cUsrFirstChoice = 'Toolkit', then this works:

   where ?cUsrFirstChoice $ cTitle

But if cUsrFirstChoice = 'Toolkit' and cUsrSecondChoice = ''
then this returns no records:

   where ?cUsrFirstChoice $ cTitle ;
   and ?cUsrSecondChoice $ Subtitle

I was dinkering with macro expansion and the '%' but am coming up dry.
Help?!

1. Search substring in multipal columns

Hi.

I have a worker table with First_Name, Last_Name, UserName and other
columns.

There is an ASP page that sends me a string.

The search should check all column and if the string has a space in it I
need to split the string and do the search with every substring.

Raanan Avidor.

2. length of variable names

3. substring search using full-text index

4. Tracking if a SP was executed!

5. How Should I Speed Up Substring Searches in Free-Form Name Fields

6. Passing Parameter between forms using Visual FoxPro 3.0

7. Search for substring

8. DB2 on Linux - DB2JAVIT error

9. Searching in Memo with substring

10. InStr Problems or search for a substring in a BIIIIIG string

11. Search substring in multple fields

12. Searching for a substring

13. Substring search in BLOb fields