foxpro=>visual foxpro

foxpro=>visual foxpro

Post by foxpr » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00



is there any tools or solutions of papaer to convert foxpro code to
visual foxpro ?

 
 
 

foxpro=>visual foxpro

Post by Anders Altber » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00


There's a special CD that contains a wealth of information and materials:
Microsoft Visual FoxPro Migration Sourcebook, Part no X03-45962. It's almost
free.

-Anders


>is there any tools or solutions of papaer to convert foxpro code to
>visual foxpro ?


 
 
 

foxpro=>visual foxpro

Post by Rick Bea » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00


You might want to check out the article in the January 98 FoxPro Advisor by
Chuck Urwiler of MEI. "Convert FoxPro 2.x Apps to Visual FoxPro Gradually!"
is a good overview of course that Micro Endeavors gives on conversion. I
took this course from Chuck and found it most helpfull. I note that for
those that don't have the time (2 days) or budget to go for this training,
they are now offerring a self-study course for much less and it even
includes some real useful tools they've developed.
While the MS CD has a lot of information, I think that MEI technique covers
the real practical stuff and not just the theoritical.

http://www.advisor.com/wHome.nsf/wPages/FAmain?OpenDocument
http://www.microendeavors.com/migrate.htm

Rick


>is there any tools or solutions of papaer to convert foxpro code to
>visual foxpro ?

 
 
 

foxpro=>visual foxpro

Post by Bruce » Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:00:00



> There's a special CD that contains a wealth of information and materials:
> Microsoft Visual FoxPro Migration Sourcebook, Part no X03-45962. It's almost
> free.

Anders,
  Where would I order that CD?  The MS Press people have never heard of
it, and I couldn't find it on the MS site.
--
Bruce Kube
Systems Analyst
Trendstat Capital Management, Inc.
(Please fix return address if responding directly via e-mail.)
 
 
 

foxpro=>visual foxpro

Post by Rick Bea » Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:00:00


Bruce,
If you go to http://www.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/, there is information about
the Migration CD. This includes a link (right now) to
http://www.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/techmat/migration.htm, where the order info
is.

Rick



>> There's a special CD that contains a wealth of information and materials:
>> Microsoft Visual FoxPro Migration Sourcebook, Part no X03-45962. It's
almost
>> free.

>Anders,
>  Where would I order that CD?  The MS Press people have never heard of
>it, and I couldn't find it on the MS site.
>--
>Bruce Kube
>Systems Analyst
>Trendstat Capital Management, Inc.
>(Please fix return address if responding directly via e-mail.)

 
 
 

foxpro=>visual foxpro

Post by Terence Chan » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00


Does anybody have the following experience:

In command window:
? time() ==> for example: 9:00am
change the system time to 10:00am without exit
? time() ==> the time is still 9:00am

I have an application which is very critical on time field.  All the
machine time will be synchronized five times a day.  However, time() in
FW2.6 won't refresh the new time unless we totally close the application
and reopen.  This only happened on NT4.0, WIN95 is fine.

Thanks...


 
 
 

foxpro=>visual foxpro

Post by Rick Bea » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00


Terence,
You neglected to say exactly how you are changing the system time. Control
Panel, DOS prompt, FP RUN, Win API call, external program? Some change the
time in memory, some change the CMOS time.

Rick


>Does anybody have the following experience:

>In command window:
>? time() ==> for example: 9:00am
>change the system time to 10:00am without exit
>? time() ==> the time is still 9:00am

>I have an application which is very critical on time field.  All the
>machine time will be synchronized five times a day.  However, time() in
>FW2.6 won't refresh the new time unless we totally close the application
>and reopen.  This only happened on NT4.0, WIN95 is fine.

>Thanks...



 
 
 

1. NEED FOXPRO/VISUAL FOXPRO PROGRAMMER!!!!

We (Fox Industries, Inc.) are a Foxpro Programming company in Kirkland,
Wa.  Some of you may of seen our ad on the back cover of the Foxpro
Advisor.

We are in need a multiple Foxpro Programmers with experience programming
on single programmer project up to 4-5 programmer projects.  We are only
interested in people who actually want a full time position this is not
an offer for contract positions. Most of the applications we create are
in Foxpro 2.6, but we are currently moving to Visual Foxpro.


Thanks
Perry Turner

2. Oracle 8i IO errors

3. GA-Decatur-268532--FOXPRO-Visual Basic-Programmer-Foxpro Developer/Visual Basic/Client server

4. getting subsets of results

5. Microsoft Foxpro & Visual Foxpro Accessing Informix

6. 32bit open client overrides business rules HELP!!!!!

7. How to Save data in Foxpro 2.6 using Visual Foxpro Driver (ADO)

8. Visual Basic Book Reviews

9. Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver and FoxPro 2.0

10. Migrating Graphs from FoxPro 2.6 to Visual FoxPro.

11. FoxPro & Visual FoxPro Developers

12. Foxpro / Visual Foxpro Programmer Reqd - UK Midlands

13. Foxpro 2.5 / Visual Foxpro compatibility