Report Page LayOut Problem

Post by Andrew Bake » Sat, 12 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I've designed many FPW2.6a reports in the US which use the 8-1/2x11
paper size.  Now our UK office wants to print them on an HP LaserJet but
they have the A4 paper size standard.  When they run the report the
printer prompts them to load letter size paper.

Do I need to design a US and a European version of each report or is
there an easier way to handle this programmatically?

Andy

Report Page LayOut Problem

Post by Anders Altbe » Sun, 13 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>> I've designed many FPW2.6a reports in the US which use the 8-1/2x11

paper size.  Now our UK office wants to print them on an HP LaserJet but
they have the A4 paper size standard.  When they run the report the
printer prompts them to load letter size paper. <<

Andrew
I if USE report.frx and take a look at the Expr memo in the first row,
you'll see something like this. You can programmatically update this
field before printing. DRIVER=WINSPOOL
DEVICE=HP DeskJet 870C Series
OUTPUT=LPT1:
ORIENTATION=0
PAPERSIZE=9
COPIES=1
DEFAULTSOURCE=1
PRINTQUALITY=300
COLOR=2
DUPLEX=1
YRESOLUTION=300
TTOPTION=1
COLLATE=0

-Anders

--

04/12/97 23:11
---------

1. Help: Retaining Report Page Layout When Calling Report From Form

Using Paradox 5 (maintenance version), I am trying to print envelopes
to an HP LJ3 from a form. What does work is to pull up the report from
Project Viewer or whatever and print from it; the printer will ask for
COM-10s (envelopes). This is good. _But_ I can't call the report from
a form's pushbutton like:

        report.print("report.rdl")

It just prints according to the default Windows printer's settings,
which is usually 8? x 11. Anything I've set in the Report's Page
Layout doesn't take. Anyone? I've looked at reportPrintInfo stuff, but
I don't think it's there.

2. How do I monitor when a record has been added/changed in a table?

3. page layout for reports

4. Help: Class not registered error

5. Setting page layout in Data Report

6. Endless-Form in Delphi

7. page layout, graphics to printers from i4gl reports.

8. : Filters and Table Lookup?

9. need help saving page layout info for reports

10. FPW26: Other report layout on second page

11. FPW 2.6 - reports: page layout

12. Problems with paging a print layout. (2nd trial)

13. Printing Reports & Layout Problems