CFP: Parallel I/O and Storage Technology track at Euro-Par 2000

CFP: Parallel I/O and Storage Technology track at Euro-Par 2000

Post by Rajeev Thak » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

                           Call for Papers
                            Euro-Par 2000
                           Munich, Germany
                   August 29 - September 1, 2000

                            ===========

Topic 20: Parallel I/O and Storage Technology
---------

Topic Committee:
----------------

         Global chair : Rajeev Thakur, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
         Vice-chair   : Rolf Hempel, NEC C&C Research Laboratories, Germany
         Vice-chair   : Elizabeth Shriver, Bell Laboratories, USA
         Local chair  : Peter Brezany, University of Vienna, Austria

------------

Many parallel applications need to access large amounts of data, and
the I/O performance achieved by the application can play a critical
role in the overall time to completion. The I/O performance of
state-of-the-art parallel and distributed systems, however, is
considerably lower than their computation and communication
performance. As a result, I/O is the bottleneck in many applications.
Eliminating the I/O bottleneck is crucial to improving the overall
application performance and is an important area for research and
development.

The Parallel I/O and Storage Technology track at Euro-Par 2000 focuses
on high-performance storage-related I/O in parallel and distributed
environments and aims to bring together researchers working on all
aspects of the problem.  Papers are solicited on topics including (but
not restricted to) the following:

Topics of interest:
-------------------

Experimental I/O characterization
Design and analysis of I/O-intensive applications
Parallel file system design and analysis
Theory and implementation of parallel I/O algorithms
I/O architecture design and evaluation
Network-attached storage systems
Storage device design and analysis
I/O in wide-area distributed environments
Language and compiler support
Run-time libraries
Parallel I/O support for large-scale data analysis
Database and information systems
Real-time and multimedia I/O

Euro-Par conference series:
---------------------------

Euro-Par is the annual European conference on parallel computing. It
is dedicated to the promotion and advancement of all aspects of parallel
computing.

Euro-Par 2000 is  organized as a day  of tutorials, two half-day plenary
sessions, and a number of parallel sessions.

Paper submission:
-----------------

Papers must be written in English and must not exceed 10 single-spaced
pages, using a 10-point font size and a 12.2 cm x 19.3 cm page size.
Authors are requested to submit their paper as a PostScript
file by using the electronic submission form on the conference
web site, http://www.in.tum.de/europar2k/ .

Official Address and Organization:
----------------------------------

For any questions related to Euro-Par 2000 please refer to the
web site:
             http://www.in.tum.de/europar2k/
(The trailing / is needed for the above URL to work.)
or e-mail to:

Key dates:

         - January 31st 2000 : Final Date for Submissions
         - May 1st 2000      : Acceptances Notified
         - June 1st 2000     : Final Copy and Author Registration due
         - June 30th 2000    : Early Registration Deadline
         - August 1st 2000   : Late Registration Deadline