Immediate Disconnect

Post by Stefan Morro » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 21:38:32

I have written a small Installation Program for our
Database Application.

Now this installer has a number of ADODB Connection
objects: One for the DBA and one will be created during
install for installing tables. How it works:

1) Login as DBA
2) Create Tablespace T1
3) Create User U1 with default tablespace = T1
4) Login as U1
5) Create Tables

Now, in my errorhandling I would like to reverse all steps
as soon as something goes wrong using the DBA Connection:

1) Disconnect U1
2) Drop Tablespace T1
3) Drop User U1

Unfortunately when I try to drop the user, I get an error
message telling me that user U1 is still connected
eventhough I closed the connection object and specifically
set it to Nothing.

Is there a way to immediately disconnect a User? At least
in the SQL Commands I can't find anything....

Thanks a lot

Stefan

1. Transaction Replication Problem (Immediate Update / Queued when Immediate fails)

Hi,

I'm using the following configuration:

    SQLServer 2000 Service Pack 3 (Publisher)
    SQLServer 2000 (Subscriber)

I have a Publication that allows Immediate Update and Queued Update with SQL
Server Tables instead of Message Queue

When I configure a Push Subscription that allows only Queued Updates on the
subscriber everithing works fine even if the servers can't establish a
connection. I this case when a connections can be established the
syncronization is made.

When I configure a Push Subscription that allows Immediate Update and Queued
Update, when the Immediate Update fails because of a failure to connect to
the Publisher the option to use a Queued Updated doesn't work ! In this case
I get an error instead and I was hopping to get a Queued Update !

Any suggestions ?

2. Time Input

3. ADO disconnected rs NOT disconnected

4. magration of Informix to SQL sever

5. IMMEDIATE help appreciated

6. LogShipping - Bring Standby server online

7. Immediate Opportunity - Intermediate MS SQL Server DBA

8. spool to a file in c:program file did not work

9. IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - PROGRAMMERS NEEDED

10. Immediate Contract Positions

11. US-MA,CT,RI Immediate Openings for Sybase/SQL Server DBAs and Developers

12. Immediate-updating subscriber / large identity

13. US-MA,RI,CT Sybase DBA/Developer Immediate Opportunities