RDA (Remote Data Access) Specification

Post by Chuck E. Wegrz » Thu, 29 Mar 1990 04:53:26

 A few times in the past couple of months I have heard about a
 specification called RDA - Remote Data Access. I can't seem to
 find anyone at ANSI/IEEE that knows of it. It is supposed to be
 a specification dealing with the interchange of data and commands
 between a front end client and a back end database. Does anyone
 know where I can get this document? Or could you email me one?

                        Thanks,
                        Chuck Wegrzyn

                        uunet!atexnet!munsell!cairo!cew

RDA (Remote Data Access) Specification

Post by Tom Anders » Sun, 01 Apr 1990 03:50:49

Quote:

> A few times in the past couple of months I have heard about a
> specification called RDA - Remote Data Access. I can't seem to
> find anyone at ANSI/IEEE that knows of it. It is supposed to be
> a specification dealing with the interchange of data and commands
> between a front end client and a back end database. Does anyone
> know where I can get this document? Or could you email me one?

>                        Thanks,
>                        Chuck Wegrzyn

>                        uunet!atexnet!munsell!cairo!cew

Yes, there is a Remote Database Access (RDA) standard.  It is not
just a whiff of vapor.  It is still in committee (X3H2.1 for ANSI
and SC21/WG3/RDA for ISO).  Parts have been released for balloting
so you shouldn't have to wait TOO long to see the standard.

tja                                                                             just one of the minions
--

1. SQL Access Group and RDA(Remote Database Access)

To DB members;

If you know about the SQL Access Group which is an industry consortium group
to define specifications to enable multi-vendor interoperability between
SQL-based DB clients and servers at a faster pace, please let me know.

I want to get the e-mail address or tel. # or address.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Young Bae Choi

p.s: Are there anybody interested in Remote Database Access (RDA) of ISO?
     I want to keep in touch with you if you are interested in it.

2. Personal Edition from Enterprise Ed. cd?

3. Remote Database Access (ISO RDA)

4. Checkpoint template file w/compress needed

5. What's status of ISO's RDA (remote database access)

6. SQL 6.5 (SP3) Keyset Error (VI-DFW)

7. RDA (Remote Database Access)

8. looking for a web site on stored procs

9. Remote Database Access (RDA-SQL)

10. Remote Database Access using the SQL/RDA protocol ?

11. SQL Server 7.0 Remote Access (port specification)

12. Looking for Ingress RDA specification

13. Wanted: Info for RDA Protocol Specifications