Phone # Mask

--
Bob Ruple
http://www.ix.netcom.com/~bruple

Phone # Mask

Post by Nick Kravi » Tue, 08 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Fox Gurus -

I have a simple problem. I have a database CUSTOMERS with field name
nPhone, which is a numeric of field 10. I want the field to display
in a grid in the usual phone # style, i.e. "(999) 999-9999". I have changed
the Inputmask property to (999) 999-9999 which gives me the desired effect
ONLY when the phone # field has focus. When the focus moves off it,
the field loses its punctuation, i.e. reverts to 9999999999 format.

I want the field to always format to (999) 999-9999 regardless if it
has focus or not. I have played with the format property without success.

Help or helpful prodding greatly appreciated.

Nick Kravitz

*while (!Dead(Self,++Age)) {            Nick Kravitz            *

*       SleepReceived--;   }    http://www.mnsinc.com/sniper/ *

Phone # Mask

Post by Frank Smit » Tue, 08 Apr 1997 04:00:00

try (###) ###-#### and see what haps
--

> Fox Gurus -

> I have a simple problem. I have a database CUSTOMERS with field
name
> nPhone, which is a numeric of field 10. I want the field to display
> in a grid in the usual phone # style, i.e. "(999) 999-9999". I have
changed
> the Inputmask property to (999) 999-9999 which gives me the desired
effect
> ONLY when the phone # field has focus. When the focus moves off it,
> the field loses its punctuation, i.e. reverts to 9999999999 format.

> I want the field to always format to (999) 999-9999 regardless if
it
> has focus or not. I have played with the format property without
success.

> Help or helpful prodding greatly appreciated.

> Nick Kravitz

> *while (!Dead(Self,++Age)) {               Nick Kravitz            *

> *  SleepReceived--;   }    http://www.mnsinc.com/sniper/ *

Phone # Mask

Post by ga.. » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I want the field to always format to (999) 999-9999 regardless if it
>has focus or not. I have played with the format property without success.

Set the Sparse property of the Column to .F. this will solve your
problem.

Gabor

Phone # Mask

Post by Mr. L. E. Pha » Wed, 16 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Fox Gurus -

>I have a simple problem. I have a database CUSTOMERS with field name
>nPhone, which is a numeric of field 10. I want the field to display

nPhone should be a character base and not numeric.   Unless of course you
plan on doing number crunching with the phone numbers...   :)

Hope this helps,
Louis

http://www.apci.net/~mrlmz
[Christian T-Shirts]

1. Data Entry Masks Without Masked Edit Box

Hi.  I have a data entry form in VB5 bound via a data control to an Access97
database.  In addition to a number of text, check and combo box controls, I
am also using a number of masked edit boxes for controlled user entry of
phone numbers, SSN and dates.  All these controls are bound to a table in
the database. I have been experiencing all kinds of problems with the masked
edit boxes (I dont think they work well with the data control), and am
wondering if there is another way to force controlled user entry in
pre-formatted mode (i.e., '(___)___-____'  for phone number,  '__/__/____'
for dates) in regular text boxes.  Thanks for any help.  Harry V.

2. Dump of Data Entry Screen

3. Free Phone Cards [2/2]

4. XP_CMDSHELL

5. Free Phone Cards [1/2]

6. Editing data files

7. Save Money On Phone Bill (If In Australia) 6153

8. SQL 2000 SP2

9. extract just digits from a phone numer.

10. Next generation mobile phones

11. America's #1 Hottest Phone Talk!

12. T-Mobile PPC Phone Edition - Developer Impact - new DEVBUZZ tutorial

13. Changing Area Code in Phone Numbers