Which ODBC driver for MSAccess?

Post by Kiira Trie » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I want to give MS Access users a way to talk directly to the Progress
Ver. 8 production database running on an Alpha machine running OSF/1.

I'm just wondering if others have used MSAccess as a front end for
reporting in this way - my users are very attached to it and won't
even look at Report Builder. I kluged together a mirror database by
exporting data each night with a cron job from the production database
into a directory mapped to a Novell drive using Samba but this kluge
is causing me trouble and I want to consolidate data sources.

thanks,

Kiira
Systems Analyst/DBA
BSAS Inc.

Which ODBC driver for MSAccess?

Post by Humphrey Koraa » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

We support Merant ODBC drivers. Check out Merant's website:
http://www.merant.com
You also need to have a (Progress) Client/Networking license on each client.
More information:

Geoff Crawford's Progress ODBC FAQ: http://www.innov8cs.com/odbc.htm

The Progress KnowledgeBase Online:
http://www.progress.com/services/support/cgi-bin/techweb-kbase.cgi/kb...

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Humphrey Koraag

> Hi,

> I want to give MS Access users a way to talk directly to the Progress
> Ver. 8 production database running on an Alpha machine running OSF/1.

> I'm just wondering if others have used MSAccess as a front end for
> reporting in this way - my users are very attached to it and won't
> even look at Report Builder. I kluged together a mirror database by
> exporting data each night with a cron job from the production database
> into a directory mapped to a Novell drive using Samba but this kluge
> is causing me trouble and I want to consolidate data sources.

> thanks,

> Kiira
> Systems Analyst/DBA
> BSAS Inc.

Humphrey Koraag                   |
Sr Technical Support Engineer     | Progress Software Pty. Ltd.,

Phone : +61 (0)3-9805 8530        | 1911 Malvern Road
Fax   : +61 (0)3-9805 8531        | Malvern East, Vic 3145
URL   : http://www.progress.com   | Australia
Technical support for Asia Pacific:

Try the Progress KnowledgeBase on-line:
http://www.progress.com/services/support/support.htm
"Disclaimer: No animals were harmed in the making of this album.
Sequences which depict questionable activities involving our
four-legged friends were simulated. Any inhumane treatment was
inflicted strictly on guitar...and Dave Bett."
(Steve Vai, Alien Love Secrets - 1995)

1. Sybase ODBC driver from MSACCESS

I am having a problem with the sybase ODBC driver through msaccess to run queries against
our database.  If the query takes longer than about 60 seconds, it times out.  Has anybody
else seen this problem?  How do you fix it?

Thanks,

Dean Junk

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not represent those of 3M.

2. Log Full

3. MSAccess ODBC driver & ODBC libraries

4. SQL 7.0 SP2

5. Where to get MSAccess ODBC Driver

6. Cross Database Foreign Keys in 6.5?

7. MSAccess ODBC driver slow-down on upgrade from VC++ 5.0 to 6.0

8. How to check constraints on Table - DISPLAY

9. JDBC/ODBC MSAccess driver not capable

10. Problem with MSACCESS ODBC Driver

11. ODBC driver/MSAccess/Sybase

12. Oracle ODBC driver instead of Microsofts ODBC Oracle driver

13. ORACLE's ODBC driver vs Other ODBC Drivers