GENGRAPH.APP On The Macintosh

Post by Bill Mell » Tue, 16 May 1995 04:00:00

I am having trouble getting gengraph.app to update saved graph files on the Mac.  I
have 2.6 set up and running on a PowerPC 601 Mac and cannot get the library procedure
updategrph in gengraph.app to update any saved msgraph data.

I got it to work on my Windows software by ensuring that everything was set up to use
MSGRAPH5.  I made sure MSGRAPH5.EXE was listed as the server in REG.DAT and that
WIN.INI referenced MSGRAPH5 instead of MSGRAPH everywhere it occurred.  And all went
well.  On any machine where MSGRAPH5 was not being called, the data would not be
updated.

Now I want it to work on the Macintosh version and am getting exactly the same
results as if a version before 5 was running.  In fact the Mac has 3.0 installed,
which came with FPM2.6!   Is there anyone out there who has successfully called
updategrph in gengraph.app on the Mac?  If so, could you enlighten me as to the
specifics of your setup?

Thank you in advance.

Bill Mellen

1. How to include GENGRAPH.APP in a project?

I have had great success in using UPDATEGRPH in GENGRAPH.APP, and
now I want to put it all together.  Let's say I have some code in
a program file (call it graphs.prg) that has:

DO UPDATEGRPH in GENGRAPH.APP WITH <blah blah blah>

Now, if I put graphs.prg in my project and build the project, it
doesn't know what UPDATEGRPH is.  If I tell it to look for it
in GENGRAPH.APP (in the dialog for "Locate", after an undefined
symbol), it includes GENGRAPH.APP (excluded) in the project, but
the symbol remains undefined on further builds.

Two questions:

1) How do I get around this?

2) As a bonus, is there a way for me to include the above line
in graphs.prg instead of

DO UPDATEGRPH IN 'HardDisk:Applications\FoxPro\Gengraph.app' ...

without just appending the long path to my SET PATH?

Humble thanks in advance,

Jordan

2. ADO access to Excel

3. HELP! GENGRAPH.APP Question

4. Class Module as data source (sort of)

5. Using REFRESHGRPH in GENGRAPH.APP

6. beginner

7. GENGRAPH.app ... sources

8. TAPEBLK / TAPESZ setting with AIX