Word wrap in Foxpro 2.6 for Windows

Word wrap in Foxpro 2.6 for Windows

Post by Tonga Sili » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00



I have created an application using Foxpro 2.6 for windows that edits
a text file using the command :

MODIFY FILE TEMP.TXT

The problem is that the file is about 150 characters wide and foxpro
wraps the words around to the next line.

How can I stop this from happenning. ???

I am creating this application under Windows 95 but will be using it
in a Windows 3.1 environment...

Thank you in advance
Tonga Siliva

 
 
 

Word wrap in Foxpro 2.6 for Windows

Post by Paul Tatav » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00


Quote:> I have created an application using Foxpro 2.6 for windows that edits
> a text file using the command :

> MODIFY FILE TEMP.TXT

> The problem is that the file is about 150 characters wide and foxpro
> wraps the words around to the next line.

> How can I stop this from happenning. ???

> I am creating this application under Windows 95 but will be using it
> in a Windows 3.1 environment...

> Thank you in advance
> Tonga Siliva

Use MODIFY COMMAND instead of MODIFY FILE. MODIFY COMMAND doesn't wrap
words by default (MODIFY FILE wraps by default.).

--
Paul Vlad Tatavu
Sysop on the Universal Thread Visual FoxPro Forum
http://www.universalthread.com

 
 
 

Word wrap in Foxpro 2.6 for Windows

Post by Brian Copelan » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00



> I have created an application using Foxpro 2.6 for windows that edits
> a text file using the command :

> MODIFY FILE TEMP.TXT

> The problem is that the file is about 150 characters wide and foxpro
> wraps the words around to the next line.

> How can I stop this from happenning. ???

> I am creating this application under Windows 95 but will be using it
> in a Windows 3.1 environment...

> Thank you in advance
> Tonga Siliva

  You can set the edit preferences to turn off word wrap.

modify file temp.txt
click on Edit
Select Preferences
Make sure the word wrap box is unchecked
Check the Use these Preferences as Default for files with TXT extension
Click on OK

 
 
 

Word wrap in Foxpro 2.6 for Windows

Post by Mike Tyner, O » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00



> >  You can set the edit preferences to turn off word wrap.

> > ...

> Thanks a lot Brian,  you ve just saved a lot of sleepless nights ...

Be prepared to do this again anytime the preferences file gets lost or
trimmed.

--
Mike Tyner, OD

 
 
 

Word wrap in Foxpro 2.6 for Windows

Post by Tonga Sili » Sat, 29 Nov 1997 04:00:00


On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 22:23:06 -0500, Brian Copeland


>  You can set the edit preferences to turn off word wrap.

>modify file temp.txt
>click on Edit
>Select Preferences
>Make sure the word wrap box is unchecked
>Check the Use these Preferences as Default for files with TXT extension
>Click on OK

Thanks a lot Brian,  you ve just saved a lot of sleepless nights ...
 
 
 

Word wrap in Foxpro 2.6 for Windows

Post by Paul Tatav » Sat, 29 Nov 1997 04:00:00




> > >  You can set the edit preferences to turn off word wrap.

> > > ...

> > Thanks a lot Brian,  you ve just saved a lot of sleepless nights ...

> Be prepared to do this again anytime the preferences file gets lost or
> trimmed.

> --
> Mike Tyner, OD


Or, just use MODIFY COMMAND instead of MODIFY FILE. It doesn't wrap
words by default!

--
Paul Vlad Tatavu
Sysop on the Universal Thread Visual FoxPro Forum
http://www.universalthread.com

 
 
 

1. wrap-around of browse screens using laptops (2.6 windows)

anybody got a fix for this?  i've developed a program on my desktop, for
use on laptops as well, which makes use of browse windows for updating.  
poblem is, when using laptops, the lower resolution won't allow for the
outer edges of the screen, making several functions more difficult.  i'm
pretty new to foxpro, and could really use some input, here!  Thanks!

2. SQL 2000 X WINDOWS XP

3. Foxpro 2.5 Dos and Foxpro 2.6 Windows

4. Loginscript, global vars

5. ForSale/Trade: FoxPro 2.6 for Windows and Visual FoxPro 3.0

6. DTS Wizard mappings.

7. Foxpro for Mac 2.6 to Foxpro 2.5 for Windows

8. dbDriverNoPrompt is prompting -- Need it to stop

9. Error Running FoxPro for Windows 2.6 in Windows 98

10. Foxpro 2.6 for Windows, Windows NT

11. FoxPro 2.6 for Windows and Windows NT 3.51

12. Foxpro 2.6 for Windows & Windows 95

13. Managing windows: FoxPro 2.6 for Windows problem