OLAP?

Post by jhuma » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 09:50:35

I'm trying to understand OLAP, what it is, how it works, can anyone point me
to a good site that discusses OLAP in depth.

thx in advance

OLAP?

Post by Hilton Su » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:11:55

http://www.pilotsw.com/news/olap_white.htm

Quote:> I'm trying to understand OLAP, what it is, how it works, can anyone point
me
> to a good site that discusses OLAP in depth.

> thx in advance

OLAP?

Post by Nigel Pends » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:48:16

Yes, that is a very good introductory white paper, but be warned that Pilot
Software is no more, and the paper is a bit out of date in some respects.
For example, no-one took any notice of Pilot's MDSQL proposal.

I suspect that as Pilot shrank, it lost the people who maintained its
formerly excellent white papers, just as it lost most of its people in all
other functions.

Nigel Pendse
OLAP Solutions
http://www.olapreport.com

> http://www.pilotsw.com/news/olap_white.htm

> > I'm trying to understand OLAP, what it is, how it works, can anyone
point
> me
> > to a good site that discusses OLAP in depth.

> > thx in advance

1. Problem in OLAP/Problemas en el OLAP

I have problems with servant OLAP when that a client is connected using
Microsft Excel for the analysis of the data from her PC. Excel throws
the following message:problems with the net

Already verify if it exists problems in the net and there are not them,
The pc is connected the Sever of data but Server OLAP well not.

Help me.

Thank you

Espa?ol

yo tengo problemas con el servidor OLAP a la hora de que un cliente se
conecte usando Microsft Excel para el analisis de los datos desde su PC.
Excel lanza el siguiente mensaje :problemas con la red

Ya verifique si existe problemas en la red y no los hay,  El pc se
conecta bien al servidor de datos pero al Servidor OLAP no.

Ayudenme.

Gracias

2. Union question

3. OLAP@Work Ships new object model for Microsoft OLAP

4. US-MO-DBA NEEDED IN ST. LOUIS

5. OLAP Addins (DTS OLAP Processing Task) bug?

6. encryption on key fields

7. dtsrun for synchronizing OLAP repository in SQL for two OLAP servers

8. INFORMIX 7.30 TC7 change machinename + tcp on WinNT SP4

9. Howto Backup OLAP Cubes (SqlServer/Olap) ...

10. Wired for OLAP log ins and SQL Server OLAP Manager

11. To OLAP or not to OLAP...

12. OLAP 8 vs OLAP 7

13. Enterprise OLAP Services vs Std Olap Services