Low cost data base that support high availability

Low cost data base that support high availability

Post by Jay Janarthana » Fri, 03 May 2002 05:29:33

Hello,

Can some one recommend a data base that will do high availability, but does
not cost like Oracle. I am looking at doing HA in the following two ways.

1. Have 2 systems and each data base will update each other on all the
transactions, if one fails, my app server will start working from the one
that is working.

2. Get a NAS storage device and put the data base file on this device and
allow multiple systems to access it, the only issue with this is the record
locking details have to be maintained in the file system so each data base
will know what other is doing.

Thanks

Jay

Low cost data base that support high availability

Post by Mik » Fri, 03 May 2002 12:12:54

MySQL - gaining popularity more fast than any other database.... and
it's open source. Go to MySQL.com.

> Hello,

> Can some one recommend a data base that will do high availability, but does
> not cost like Oracle. I am looking at doing HA in the following two ways.

> 1. Have 2 systems and each data base will update each other on all the
> transactions, if one fails, my app server will start working from the one
> that is working.

> 2. Get a NAS storage device and put the data base file on this device and
> allow multiple systems to access it, the only issue with this is the record
> locking details have to be maintained in the file system so each data base
> will know what other is doing.

> Thanks

> Jay

1. High-Quality Low-Cost Software Development

Let Flash Software Development handle your companys programming needs.
Flash Software specializes in producing high quality C++, Visual C++ and
Visual Basic code for the Win32 operating system. And we do it for 25%-50%
less than it costs to develop in-house or through high-priced independent
contractors.

Our Software Development Experts work closely with you to determine the
specifications you require. Then we produce the code in our own facilities
and return it to you with thorough documentation so you can integrate it
into your system with maximum efficiency.

Thats itno hassle, no fuss, and its cheap. Simply send an email to

2. Please help with UpdateBatch problem!

3. VB5 & Access 2000

4. High Quality-Low cost Software solutions

5. altering objects

6. Data Loads for High availability data warehouse

7. Moving the transaction log

8. high availability data replication examples??

9. Market for low-cost data migration/loader tool?

10. Cost based vs rule based

11. rule based or cost based?