ADVANCED GIS SYSTEM SCIENTIST, $A42K - $A56K

ADVANCED GIS SYSTEM SCIENTIST, $A42K - $A56K

Post by Peter Newt » Sat, 11 Jul 1992 11:48:47

ADVANCED GIS SYSTEM SCIENTIST, $A42K - $A56K + SUPER, HIGHETT, VICTORIA

The joint initiative in Urban Studies for Productive Cities by the Institute
of Minerals, Energy and Construction and the Division of Building, Construction
and Engineering is concerned with advancing the science of urban systems to
enable Australia's cities to become more productive, livable, fairer and
ecologically sustainable and to reduce their capital and operating costs.

We wish to appoint a scientist to undertake research as part of a multi-
disciplinary team on advanced information systems and distributed
communications as they relate to enhanced design and management of buildings
and the efficient operation of urban systems.

You will have a PhD or equivalent qualification in geographic information
systems (GIS), computer science or quantitative urban systems research, with
experience in areas such as: computer-aided design, 3D GIS, object-oriented
databases, electronic data interchange, simulation and/or urban modelling and
systems analysis.  You will need the ability to initiate and carry out
original research and to work effectively in a team.  You will also need to
have experience in the development of commercial grade software of the systems
and their documentation plus knowledge of the relevant terminology and have
good *and written communication skills.  Knowledge of design, planning,
construction, operation and modelling of urban systems, land-use development
processes and related infrastructure is desirable.  Experience in building
construction systems would be an advantage.

Your application should be framed against the selection criteria and should
state relevant personal particulars including details of qualifications and
experience.  For a copy of the selection criteria and duty statement contact
Ms Helen Smith on +61 3 252 6000 or by fax +61 3 252 6244.  For other
information on this position Dr Peter Newton can be contacted on +61 3 252 6126
or by fax on +61 3 252 6249.  Please send your application quoting BCE92/5 to:

The Chief
CSIRO, Division of Building, Construction and Engineering
PO Box 56, HIGHETT  VIC 3190, AUSTRALIA

Closing date for applications 14 August 1992
CSIRO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

--

|                                Phone: +61 3 252 6126   Fax: +61 3 252 6250  |
|  CSIRO,  DBCE,  Post Office Box 56,  Highett,  Victoria,  Australia   3190  |

1. ***COMPUTER SCIENTISTS (DATABASE/CONTENT MANAGEMENT), ADOBE SYSTEMS, INC.***

Adobe is the world1s third-largest personal computer software company and
continues to develop, prosper and grow.  Our industry-leading tools and
technologies make the creative potential of the computer as expansive as
the human mind.  Because Adobe1s the recognized leader in a world of
electronic communications, our people live and work with the spirit that
3if you can dream it, you can do it2.

COMPUTER SCIENTISTS (DATABASE/CONTENT MANAGEMENT)

You will be building  multi-media content databases interfacing to Adobe
graphics applications and other new products.

We1re looking for several people who have:

€BS or MS/CS in a relevant area (databases, object-oriented programming, AI)
€3+ years related experience
€Previous experience at a database company or a company building content
management applications.
€Internet/intranet and/or Java experience is a plus.
€Understanding of multimedia data types (graphics, video, etc.) is also a plus.

Please send your resume to:

Adobe Systems Inc.
Professional Staffing
Attn:  Cheryl Erickson, Dept RB
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA  95110

fax: 408 536-6818

For other opportunities at Adobe Systems see us on the WWW at:
http://www.adobe.com and create your own resume using Resume Builder.  We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome and encourage diversity in the
workplace.  Principals only, please.

2. A good one re SQL!

3. NEED DBA

4. DTS Connection Error

5. Announcement: Digital Visting Scientist Program in Database Systems

6. Help For Newbie

7. Manager GIS Systems, SAP Basis - Bolingbrook, IL,Bolingbrook,IL

8. Our GIS Systems works with Oracle

9. Manager GIS Systems, SAP Basis - Bolingbrook, IL,Bolingbrook,IL

10. GIS, Geocodes based systems