Make you code twice as fast

Post by randy chaloupk » Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:00

I can make your batch programs run more than twice as fast as they do
currently!!!

I have been programming in foxpro for over 3 years.  My specialty is
writing large batch programs that run against very large data sets (10s
of Gigabytes).  If you or your company has a batch program that take 5
minutes or more to run, send it to me and I will re-write it to run in
less than half the time.

Depending on how your code is written, I have made programs run as much
as 5 to 30 times faster.  If your current program takes 5 hours to run,
I might be able to make it run in a 1/2 hour.  This could save you or
your company a lot of money in computer equipment and make you
substancially more productive.

I charge $20 hour for my programming time, but if I can't make your
program run in half the time, I will not charge you a dime and you can
still keep the new version of your program.

If you are interested in receiving more information or having me do work
for you, send me an E-mail.  Try me you have nothing to lose.

Randy Chaloupka

Make you code twice as fast

Post by Peter de Valen? » Sun, 31 May 1998 04:00:00

>I can make your batch programs run more than twice as fast as they do
>currently!!!

Randy, what do you mean by 'batch programs'? Are you referring to .BAT
files? Or are you referring to what we're used to call jobs (usually done by
a .PRG file)?

Peter

Make you code twice as fast

Post by randy chaloupk » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> >I can make your batch programs run more than twice as fast as they do
> >currently!!!

> Randy, what do you mean by 'batch programs'? Are you referring to .BAT
> files? Or are you referring to what we're used to call jobs (usually done by
> a .PRG file)?

> Peter

I'm refering to .prg files in foxpro.  By batch program, I just mean a
large program that takes a relatively long time to run.  Do you have any
programs that take anywhere from 5 minutes to many hours or days to
run?  If so, be sure to e-mail me back.

Make you code twice as fast

Post by Peter de Valen? » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>I'm refering to .prg files in foxpro.  By batch program, I just mean a
>large program that takes a relatively long time to run.

Ok I understand. Can you tell a little bit more about the way you make them
run faster? E.g. do you rewrite portions of the code (for example optimize
queries) or is there some utility that further optimizes the
precompiled-code?

1. Adding a rule makes my sequence increment twice

Hello,

I have a table (table1) with a column called 'id' which has a default
value of nextval('id_seq').  I insert into table1, it increments, all is
happy.  I add a totally unrelated rule (rule1) to this table, one which
just changes the value of a field in another table (table2) (and table2
is in no way connected to the id_seq), and now when I insert into
table1, the sequence gets incremented twice.  I'm wondering if this is a
product of the way that rules rewrite the query or something.  Any
insight?

Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate this behavior using simple test
tables, but I am quite sure that table2 in no way alters the value of
id_seq.  If for instance the value of the sequence before the insert was
10000, I see something like this:

sequence value = 10000
I insert a row into table 1
At the start of the rule1 execution value of sequence is 10001
At the end of the rule1 execution value of sequence is 10001
insert returns
sequence value = 10002

It's got me baffled after exploring it all morning.

Thanks,
Fran

2. Need Bar Code Info Please!

3. Informix/Redhat 7.1 v/s SQL2000/W2K : Informix twice as fast

4. creating new database cause computer freeze (oracle9i personal edition for win98)

5. to_date - "formated code appear twice" error

6. FYI on Computer Based Training for Sybase

7. ObjectPAL Code Executes Twice!?

8. How to upload a file using Web and PL/SQL?

9. Please help im making insertion faster....

10. How can this insertion be made faster ??

11. Making Oracle run faster!!!

12. inserting empty records makes updates faster?

13. Making PfW5 App Faster?