M.Sc thesis "Persistent Data Management for Multiple Language Access"

M.Sc thesis "Persistent Data Management for Multiple Language Access"

Post by Alan Grant Finl » Wed, 30 Jun 1993 10:30:17

My M.Sc thesis "Persistent Data Management for Multiple Language Access" is
available by anonymous ftp from merry.cs.monash.edu.au [130.194.67.101]
in pub/alanf/repoman/thesis.ps.Z being a compressed postscript file.
There is also C source for a prototype Persistent Data Management System
called Repoman in compressed tar archives.  Repoman is only partly implemented
however it may still be useful as a starting point for some experiments.
The only documentation at present is the thesis.  I may develop the software
further in the future.

                                Abstract
                                ========

The provision of persistence as an orthogonal attribute of the data controlled
by a programming language has been demonstrated by the languages PS-algol and
Napier.  In particular this orthogonality requirement means that all data
types must be supported for data be it as transient as a procedure parameter
or so long-lived as to outlast the program which created it.  Persistent
programming language implementations incorporate a custom built typed object
store which is not primarily designed to be used as the basis for an interface
between programming language environments.  By relaxing the orthogonality
requirement it is proposed that one data type model can accommodate a wide
range of programming languages and provide the bases for both persistent
storage and the transport of data between language environments.  The design
and implementation of a prototype persistent data management system with such
a type model is described.  This prototype was also designed to take advantage
of the capability based multiprocessor developed at Monash University.

Length: 279 pages, uncompressed postscript file is 2044980 bytes in length.
--

`-------Monash University, CLAYTON 3168, Australia.
--

|       Victorian Centre for Image Processing and Graphics,
`-------Monash University, CLAYTON 3168, Australia.

1. "C" Language interface to Access 97

I am looking for information or sample code in regards to
writing a program in "C" that will interface to a Microsoft
Access 97 database.  For various reasons, it is not feasable
to use C++.  The language of preference in this instance is
plain old "C".

I have been programming in "C" for the past 19 years.  Programming
and the "C" language are not the issue.  Interfacing to Access 97
is the problem.

Sample code would be great but I would be just as happy if someone
could at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Kelly

2. H E L P : R u n D o s P r o g r a m I n D e l p h i !!!!

3. BIWIT'95 "Data Management Systems"

4. network protokol

6. Use TSQL to Generate SQL

7. "Changed language setting to us_english." message

8. ServerAgent

9. Language "noise word" in FTS

10. Enabling "DATA ACCESS"

11. "Not configured for DATA ACCESS"

12. ERROR: language "c" is not trusted

13. ERROR: language "plpgsql" does not exist