GA Pro4 Bug?

Post by Buddy Mye » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I would like to find out if anyone else out there is experiencing a
similar problem.

I am running a GA Pro4 system with 64 ports - 32 licensed users. There
are ususally about 25 people signed on. Every port - at one time or
another - beeps for no apparent reason. Sometimes just once, sometimes
a lot when processing.

The problem is NOT a locked record. I can re-create the beeping by
creating a test file, then reading and writing to that file using item
locks (one user accessing one file).

I think the terminal beeps when it is trying to update the system file
that keeps track of which items are locked, but some other process is
also accessing that area (similar to someone trying to access an item
that is locked).

(Thru my VAR) GA is aware of the "problem," but does not recognize it
as a "bug," therefore they will not write a patch to fix it. If there
are others out there with a similar problem, perhaps we can get them
to fix it.

Buddy Myers
Southwest Moulding
Dallas, Texas

1. BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS

Following is the test query

tableName | field Name             |
          | CHECK as TO someName   |

Start your Paradox for Windows. Choose Help|About. Press I. Internal
build will be displayed. Then there will be words "lego:" followed
by a date. If that date is from 1994, you are OK. But if you installed
Delphi or latest release of Novel Office or Quatro Pro, that date
might be from 1995. That's the version of IDAPI the BUG is in. Here
is how it goes...

In above query we have used word "TO". It is not a key word. I called
Borland's Tech Support line paying $2/min and they confirmed it's not.

Above query works fine. But if your "lego" date (i.e. IDAPI build) meets
above criteria, you will get an error message saying "AS must be followed
by a name of field in the ANSWER table". Whether you some thing after
TO or not, DOES NOT MATTER.

Called Borland many times about it but the guys there wouldn't believe
me as it works on any copy of Paradox. Finally I asked them to try it
on a machine which had DELPHI installed on it after Paradox and thus
had a "lego:" date of Feb/95. It was confirmed and registered.

regards,
--nasir

2. Demo of Apollo won't go away!

3. Pro4 and Informix

4. PLEASE: HELP FOR AUTO-INCREASE FIELDS

5. filemaker pro4 program wanted

6. DTS file Load

7. WTD: FileMaker Pro4 or 5

8. Microsoft access