MS Northwind database Entity relationship diagram,

MS Northwind database Entity relationship diagram,

Post by Morten Gulbrands » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:53:12

Hi database programmers,

MS  Northwind database  Entity relationship diagram,

I simply have to confess that I don't understand all the details or
the basic idea behind the MS Northwind database.

It would therefore be useful for me to know whether some of you have
created an
Entity Relationship Model  as propose by Chen.

I need a Model of the Northwind database, or a link to a URL or any
document
describing the theory behind Northwind. Preferably as an Entity
relationship diagram.

What is the rigth place to discuss problems about using and
understanding
example databases ?

Yours Sincerely

Morten Gulbrandsen

MS Northwind database Entity relationship diagram,

Post by rkc » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 06:47:15

Quote:> Hi database programmers,

> MS  Northwind database  Entity relationship diagram,

> I simply have to confess that I don't understand all the details or
> the basic idea behind the MS Northwind database.

I think the Northwind database was intended more as a vehicle to
demonstrate the GUI building and data management features of MS
Access than a glowing example of relational database theory.

1. Entity Relationship Diagram - database design problem

Hi,

Thanking you in advance for your time and effort.

Here's the high-level view:

3 main categories: Electronics, Entertainment and Sports.

Electronic has 2 sub-categories: Walkman and MP3.
Entertainment has 2 sub-categories: DVD and VHS.
Sports has 2 sub-categories: Soccer and Basketball.

And then each and every sub-category (i.e. Walkman, Soccer, etc.) has 5
items.

My question is in regards to creating an ERD. I want the top-most category
to be PRODUCTS (this table will link to ORDERDETAILS). I am confused about
how my database design should be for the entities under PRODUCTS (i.e. the 3
main categories and its respective 2 sub-categories with its 5 items).

Cheers!

2. Taysdie/Scottish Delphi User Group

3. Entity Relationship Diagram help

4. Sql problem

5. ENTITY RELATIONSHIP DIAGRAM DRAWING TOOL

6. deleted records

7. ER Diagrams (Entity Relationship)

8. Please help me: ORA-06550 - Problems with Transactions - who is able to solve my problem?

9. Entity Relationship diagrams (IDEF1X)

10. Looking for books - entity-relationship diagramming and design

11. References for Entity-Relationship Diagram Notations - Help

12. HELP NEEDED - ENTITY RELATIONSHIP DIAGRAMS

13. entity relationship diagram tool