Explorer Style Scroll Bars

Post by SGow » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I would like to add explorer style scrolling to my VFP 6 grids, list
boxes and combo boxes.  What I mean by this is when the user drags the
slider of the scroll bar, the data is smoothly scrolled just like
Windows explorer.  I'm pretty sure that this can be done in VFP because
the properties window works like this.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thank you
Steve

Explorer Style Scroll Bars

Post by Anders Altber » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi
Comboboxes and listboxes have this type of scrolling as standard already.
Grids don't.
Grids update the display when you stop scrolling. All of them can be changed
using the PageUp and PageDown, Up and Downarrow keys. I don't think it's
possible to change the scrolling characteristics of the grid.
-Anders

> I would like to add explorer style scrolling to my VFP 6 grids, list
> boxes and combo boxes.  What I mean by this is when the user drags the
> slider of the scroll bar, the data is smoothly scrolled just like
> Windows explorer.  I'm pretty sure that this can be done in VFP because
> the properties window works like this.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions?

> Thank you
> Steve

Explorer Style Scroll Bars

Post by SGow » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Thanks.  Wouldn't it be nice if the grid worked that way as well?