Request for references on parallel databases

Request for references on parallel databases

Post by Anindya Banerjee [epsilo » Thu, 02 Feb 1995 07:45:59

Dear Database Folks -

I am looking for references (papers, books) on issues related to
parallel databases - e.g. theory (parallel algorithmic issues),
systems (memory organization, parallel architechture issues),
communication etc etc.

I am especially interested in specific issues arising out of
porting/maintaining databases on massively parallel machines and
distributed networks.

If you know of good books and/or review papers which would help me get
familiar with these issues please email me the references. I do not
read these newsgroups frequently.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Request for references on parallel databases

Dear Database Folks -

I am looking for references (papers, books) on issues related to
parallel databases - e.g. theory (parallel algorithmic issues),
systems (memory organization, parallel architechture issues),
communication etc etc.

I am especially interested in specific issues arising out of
porting/maintaining databases on massively parallel machines and
distributed networks.

If you know of good books and/or review papers which would help me get
familiar with these issues please email me the references. I do not
read these newsgroups frequently.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. DTS and SQL 7 & SQL 2000 - bug? issue?

3. Request: Parallel Databases

4. SQL Driver Development ???

5. Request for Distributed Database Commit protocol references

6. Are triggers with if update (column) necessarily slow?

7. Request : References for Distributed Databases.

8. References: Parallel OODBs and multimedia

9. Parallel Server PDF file request

10. Request for help with Hot Standby/Parallel Server

11. Request for reference sites

12. FAQ & Book reference request