Evaluation package for Raining Data, Jbase and Unidata/Universe

Evaluation package for Raining Data, Jbase and Unidata/Universe

Post by shimon kochav » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 04:32:43

Does anyone knows how to get 1 user/Evaluation system for Raning Data, Jbase
and Unidata/Universe

Evaluation package for Raining Data, Jbase and Unidata/Universe

Post by MX » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 01:53:21

Quote:> Does anyone knows how to get 1 user/Evaluation system for Raning Data,
Jbase
> and Unidata/Universe

A few days ago I asked the same question. Thanks to folks, I've got answers:

Universe: (U2 now)
http://u2techconnect.informix.com/downloads/software/uv1002pe.tar.Z  (178Mb)

JBase:
http://www.jbase.com
(i.e. linux ver for SuSE
ftp://ftp.jbase.com/jBASE3.4/linux/jbase.3.4.LINUXSUSE7INTEL.tar.Z )

Raining Data... Sorry, I do not have it close to my eyes. Please have a look
this forum a week back.

Post by K. Powic » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:32:31

Quote:> Does anyone knows how to get 1 user/Evaluation system for Raning Data, Jbase
> and Unidata/Universe

Here's where to start with jBASE.

http://www.jbase.com/products/jbase_download.html

If you want to save some time, this is really the only product you need to look at.
:-)

K. Powick.

Evaluation package for Raining Data, Jbase and Unidata/Universe

Post by Tony Gravagn » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 05:11:51

D3 downloads:
ftp://ftp.rainingdata.com/pub/Linux/7.2.1/Releases/
ftp://ftp.rainingdata.com/pub/NT/7.2.0/Release/
Look around to get all the info.

Maybe: ftp://ftp.rainingdata.com/pub/NT/7.2.1/Release/

The Readme files only talk about the releases and not about exactly
what the files are.  Very few people there have ever cared about
properly maintaining the FTP site.  They simply don't understand what
an FTP site is for or how it works.

Remember that RD doesn't have official eval copies on their site.
These files are for people who already have the system and they need
to reload or update.  Be careful about loading undocumented software.

Tony

Post by Henry Keultj » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:03:15

> http://www.jbase.com
> (i.e. linux ver for SuSE
> ftp://ftp.jbase.com/jBASE3.4/linux/jbase.3.4.LINUXSUSE7INTEL.tar.Z )

Anyone running jBASE on SuSE willing to get in touch with me?  Having
recently bought my former ergonomic chair manufacturing business back,
I need to get my old software up and running.  I already bought Red
Hat 7.1 but would much refer running on SuSE because I appreciate the
German gruendlichkeit.  However, I cannot afford the time to
experiment right now so any assurances about jBASE on SuSE that I can
get will be appreciated.

BTW SuSE 8.0 now installs on a blank PC in twenty minutes.

http://www.theregus.com/content/4/24790.html

Henry Keultjes
Corel Seating Corporation
Mansfied Ohio USA
Voice 419-522-0001

Post by MX » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:58:03

> > http://www.jbase.com
> > (i.e. linux ver for SuSE

> Anyone running jBASE on SuSE willing to get in touch with me?  Having
> recently bought my former ergonomic chair manufacturing business back,
> I need to get my old software up and running.

I would be happy to help you, Henry, but I'm too far from US.
And I'm not running jbase yet on suse box. I'm going to install jbase it on
Sunday.

Quote:> I already bought Red
> Hat 7.1 but would much refer running on SuSE because I appreciate the
> German gruendlichkeit.

Red Hat is very good system. But I like SuSE. These are two linux systems
now that recognized by some major software companies for their products
(Oracle, Borland, IBM for example). Some other linux versions also good but
these two are most recommended for products of companies that I mentioned
above.

BTW, Henry. You said about chair manufacturing business... At first -
congratulations, and good luck to you!
At second - may be you know a software packages for furniture in-shop
design? (Not AutoCAD, etc. because of specific business - my customer makes
and sells furniture that may be customized on client needs).

Peter -