1. can't telnet to vme in d3 on windows nt workstation
have tried various ways of telnet-ing:
in run box, enter "telnet", click "ok"; in
telnet box, click connect, click "remote system";
in connect box: in host-name, enter 127.0.0.1; in port,
enter "telnet"; in terminal, enter "vt52";
in run box, enter "telnet localhost",
each time there's simply no logon prompt.
services in control panel shows both
d3vme and d3fsi with status as "started"
and "startup" as "automatic"; in the "log
on as" box, both have a bullet in "system acct"
and a check mark in "allow service to interact
when i log on to windows nt, i do so as
looking at d3 nt settings in d3 device mgr,
the "network and mds config" box has the right
computer name and the only round hole (radio
button?) with a bullet is "standalone or
opening command prompt window and
'ping'-ing gets "it's alive" responses
for both d3vme and d3fsi.
i would sure appreciate some clues that
would help me solve this mystery!
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
2. SQL7.0 - RAID error on database restore
3. D3/NT VME space problems
4. Transaction Management
5. D3 ODBC and VME deaths on NT
6. Urgent: SQL Server DBA in Toronto, Ontario
7. D3/NT VME startup problem
8. How to duplicate a table in VB6?
9. D3/NT vme restores
10. Starting D3 VME service in NT from desktop
11. be carefull resizing vme d3/nt
12. disk performance using FSI on D3/NT is slower than VME
13. Shutting down NT without first shutting down the VME (D3)