d3/nt VME items to dos/window?

Post by Altsy » Mon, 19 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have a D3/NT from a customer that I need to get
100,000+ items out into ascii on the windows side.
No FSI is set up.  I was wondering what the fastest
way to accomplish this was?

I was thinking of setting up a new device (pseudo tape)
to a nt directory/file and then doing a WRITEt to that device
thinking that may do the trick.

I need the items to be a row in the dos file with end of item
markers changed to "crlf" thats it, everything stays intact.

Suggestions?

d3/nt VME items to dos/window?

Post by Anthony W. Youngma » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

If D3 is the same as PI / UV, just read your BASIC manual for OPENSEQ
and WRITESEQ. Do a loop reading each record in turn from the Pick file,
writing it out using WRITESEQ, and there you are...
Conversation: d3/nt VME items to dos/window?
Subject: d3/nt VME items to dos/window?

I have a D3/NT from a customer that I need to get
100,000+ items out into ascii on the windows side.
No FSI is set up.  I was wondering what the fastest
way to accomplish this was?

I was thinking of setting up a new device (pseudo tape)
to a nt directory/file and then doing a WRITEt to that device
thinking that may do the trick.

I need the items to be a row in the dos file with end of item
markers changed to "crlf" thats it, everything stays intact.

Suggestions?

d3/nt VME items to dos/window?

Post by Mark Brow » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

FSI should not be a necessity for writing VME items to DOS.

Open a DOS folder using the OSFI service:  OPEN "C:/FOLDERPATH" TO FV

Then you can use WRITEV to add lines.  OSFI will convert Attr marks to
cr's so you don't have to convert anything, just write items.

Mark

--

Mark Brown
Manager Continuing Engineering

1. can't telnet to vme in d3 on windows nt workstation

have tried various ways of telnet-ing:

in run box, enter "telnet", click "ok"; in
telnet box, click connect, click "remote system";
in connect box: in host-name, enter 127.0.0.1; in port,
enter "telnet"; in terminal, enter "vt52";
click "connect"

in run box, enter "telnet localhost",
click "ok"

and others.

each time there's simply no logon prompt.

services in control panel shows both
d3vme and d3fsi with status as "started"
and "startup" as "automatic"; in the "log
on as" box, both have a bullet in "system acct"
and a check mark in "allow service to interact
with desktop".

when i log on to windows nt, i do so as
administrator.

looking at d3 nt settings in d3 device mgr,
the "network and mds config" box has the right
computer name and the only round hole (radio
button?) with a bullet is "standalone or
peer-to-peer server"

opening command prompt window and
'ping'-ing gets "it's alive" responses
for both d3vme and d3fsi.

i would sure appreciate some clues that
would help me solve this mystery!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. SQL7.0 - RAID error on database restore

3. D3/NT VME space problems

4. Transaction Management

5. D3 ODBC and VME deaths on NT

6. Urgent: SQL Server DBA in Toronto, Ontario

7. D3/NT VME startup problem

8. How to duplicate a table in VB6?

9. D3/NT vme restores

10. Starting D3 VME service in NT from desktop

11. be carefull resizing vme d3/nt

12. disk performance using FSI on D3/NT is slower than VME

13. Shutting down NT without first shutting down the VME (D3)