Vinculate Tables in Access 2000 using ADOX

Vinculate Tables in Access 2000 using ADOX

Post by Cristian » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 02:53:03

Hi

How do convert this code to adox ? how do use append table method?

 Sub Vincula_tabela(filename)
    ' Vinculate table to access database using dao

    Set database  = CurrentDb
    Set tabela = banco_dados.CreateTableDef(filename)

    tabela.Connect = _
        "ODBC;DSN=Tabelas do Visual
FoxPro;UID=;PWD=;SourceDB=C:;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFetch=No;
Collate=MACHINE;Null=Yes;Deleted=Yes"

    tabela.SourceTableName =filename

    banco_dados.TableDefs.Append tabela
    banco_dados.TableDefs.Refresh

End Sub

Thank's
Cristiano

Vinculate Tables in Access 2000 using ADOX

Post by Rames » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:09:55

If you are looking for sample on how to add tables in Access through ADOX
Checkout this KB article.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q252908

HTH

Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support.
reserved.

1. Problems Using Bit types in a vinculated table

I'm using sql server vinculated tables into Access2000 and XP and I'm having
problems when my table have more than 2 or 3 bit cols. When i open then
table or a query into access I couldn't modify any but from msquery or from
sql manager it works ok? what can I do ? I supose that is ACCESS problem not
ODBC o SQL problem. I installed SQL2000- SP2 , JET3- SP3 and MDAC 2.7.

2. Going Nuts

3. Cannot view queries created using ADOX in Access 2000 interface

4. Is there an expert with sp_OAMethod, and NTAccess.Groups?

5. Views Created Using ADOX Are Not Visible in Access 2000

6. US-NY: Skidmore College experiences

7. Using ADOX to modify SQLServer 2000 tables

8. VB 5 with AccessXP

9. Access 2000 ADOX schema/ Table Field Descriptions

10. Access 2000 and ADOX - New Table

11. Linking to an SQL Server 2000 table that uses bigint with Access 2000

12. How to rename a Access Table using ADOX