FPW2.6 Report Question

Post by Philip Buchana » Fri, 20 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have a report based on a one to many relationship.   The detail band, which is
about 1.5 inches high, contains 4 fields, placed vertically.  The topmost field is
from the parent table - the three lower fields from the child table.   The parent
table field is set to not print repeated values.   Some parent records have only
one entry in the child table.  Some have as many as 5 or 6.

My question:  how do I make the report writer begin a new page if the parent
record and all its child records will not fit on the current page?

Thanks,

Phil Buchanan

FPW2.6 Report Question

Post by smhpc » Sun, 22 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> My question:  how do I make the report writer begin a new page if the
parent
> record and all its child records will not fit on the current page?

this is NOT the exact answer you are looking for, but it might set you on
the right track..

It has been a while since I used this option, but you can set the PRINT
WHEN option for this group to do what you are looking for.

1. FPW2.6 - Report Question

I have a report in which I want the user to have the option of seeing the
detail band or not seeing the detail band.

I tried modifying the "Print When" option and "Remove line if blank". Every
thing was blank but the space (height) of the detail band remained.

The next step I took was to attempt to USE report.frx, LOCATE the record
defining the detail band, REPLACE height with 0. When the program reaches
the REPLACE statement it tells me that it can not write because the file is
read only. I am assuming that the file is read only because it is part of
the APP that was loaded into memory.

I have done this in VFP 5.0 without any problems, but 2.6 is not being kind.

Does anyone know how to get around this, or perhaps a suggestion for how to
allow the printing/nonprinting of the detail band? (short of a second
report)

Thanks,
Mike

2. very simple and still doesn't work - TRANSACTION AND STORED PROCEDURE

3. FPW2.6: REPORT PROMPT question

4. Validation/Unique Fields using Lasso

5. FPW2.6 report writer questions (2)

6. help with tables in tempdb

7. FPW2.6 report writer question

8. incorrect dBASE index....

9. FPW2.6 Report Writer Question

10. FPW2.6 report writer question

11. Placing a page break in a report using Report Writer FPW2.6

12. Set skip to can't use subtotals and totals in reports Fpw2.6

13. FPW2.6 report freeze