Connectivity between Visual basic 5.0 and ingres 6.4

Connectivity between Visual basic 5.0 and ingres 6.4

Post by V-g.KRISH.. » Thu, 04 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hello ,

        We are new to visual basic and want to know if visual basic 5.0
    has connectivity to INGRES 6.4  either thru odbc / customized driver
    .

Thanks in anticipation ,
Best Regards ,
Krishnan .

Post by Allan Goul » Tue, 09 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>         We are new to visual basic and want to know if visual basic 5.0
>     has connectivity to INGRES 6.4  either thru odbc / customized driver

You could try our ODBC driver: "SQL-Retriever", which will happily link
VB to Ingres 6.4 on a variety of Unix platforms.  Take a look at
http://www.vision.sco.com/products/sqlretriever/ for more info and a
downloadable eval

Allan Gould

1. 6.4 Migration Open Ingres Dec OSF/Visual Basic

Hi,

Within shortly we are planning to migrate from 6.4 to Open Ingres.
We've an Visual Basic application on an Ingres Database.
Has anybody already migrated such an environment and what are
the experiences. Was it just a question of recompiling the sources
and everything worked out fine ?
I' am aware of the Migration Cookbook but would like to know specific
experiences. Good and Bad experiences are welcome to be mentioned.

Greetings,

Arno de Jong, The Netherlands.

2. Display of text field in MS SQL query tool

3. Help with rudimentary Visual Basic 5.0 database connectivity

4. migrating data from SQL 7.0 to ORACLE

5. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. Visual C++ 5.0

6. Getting first and last day of a month

7. Can I use Visual Foxpro 5.0 and Visual Basic 5.0

8. Crystal Report 5.0 with Ingres 6.4/06

9. help: converting from ABF-Ingres 5.0 to 6.4 ?

10. Migrating from Visual Basic 3 SQL 4.0 to Visual Basic 5.0 and/or SQL Anywhere

11. Ingres 6.4/2 to 6.4/06 upgrade

12. RFI: ingres 6.4/03 versus 6.4/04