pick user group in Canada?

Post by Alan Bul » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know if there is a PICK user group in Canada?

Regards,

Alan

pick user group in Canada?

Post by dalelb.. » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

There is/was a users group in Ontario.  If my foggy memory serves me
correctly, one of the companies that headed the users group had 'fox'
in their name.  But don't take that as gospel.

Hope this helps,

Dale

Quote:> Does anyone know if there is a PICK user group in Canada?

> Regards,

> Alan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

pick user group in Canada?

Post by News » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

There used to be a large group centered in the Toronto area. I believe there
also used to be user groups in Winnipeg, Manitoba; Vancouver, British
Columbia; and, Montreal, Quebec.

I was one of 2 or 3 people that used to organize Toronto meetings.

Interest seemed to disappear once the PICK community split into the various
factions - PICK, uniVerse, UniData, etc.

The only meetings that have been held in the last 10 or so years have been
"vendor sponsored" (i.e. PICK Systems, uniVerse,  jBase, etc.).

We used to manage a list of over 1,200 companies & contacts.

Why do you want to know?

Best regards,

John Hinkley

>Does anyone know if there is a PICK user group in Canada?

>Regards,

>Alan

pick user group in Canada?

Post by William Michae » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Alan,

I'm located in Toronto and used to attend the user group meetings that John
referred to.  The closest remaining thing that I know of in Toronto are the
occasional seminars presented by Pick Systems.  There are attendees from as
far away as Windsor through to Montreal, as well as upper NY state.

Regards,

Will

Quote:> Does anyone know if there is a PICK user group in Canada?

> Regards,

> Alan

pick user group in Canada?

Post by Osdao » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know if there is a PICK user group in Canada?

HI, Alan, Open Systems Database Association is the largest MultiValue/Pick user
group in the United States.  Our database is 1500.  We have members from all
over the world.  OSDA offers two educational conferences a year, in the
Spring Fall.  Our upcoming conference is scheduled for June 3, 4, 5th and will
have attendees from Canada as well as throughout the USA and France.

If you would like to be added to our database and receive our mailings,
including our informative technical newsletter, please send your Post Office

For additional information, pull up our website: http://www.osda.org.

Sincerely, Joan Morris

pick user group in Canada?

Post by David T. Grenfel » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Alan:

    If you read the news here, you're in the best damn user group in the
world.

David Grenfell,
Grendata Computer Systems