Re-sorting Grid Column Data

Re-sorting Grid Column Data

Post by Craig Kuh » Mon, 17 Mar 1997 04:00:00



 I need help/suggestions on how to correctly re-sort existing data when
the user clicks on the header for a certain column in a grid.  The grid
data is from a cursor from an SQL select and in the CLICK property for
the header, I clear the ROWSOURCE for the grid and then issue a new SQL
select with the proper order statement.  I then reset the ROWSOURCE for
the grid and refresh the grid.

The problem I have is that this works 95% of the time, but the other 5%
of the time it will cause a WIN95 GPF error.  There seems to be no real
fixed time when the error will occur.  Will work one time, then not the
next.

Any suggestions on how to do this correctly would be of great help.


 
 
 

1. resorting after add or changing sort field

is there a way to resort my dynaset after adding a new record or changing
a sort field without doing a new 'set rs=createrecordset'.

my code looks similar to the following

set db = opendatabase ( ....
set rs = createrecordset ( "select * from members order by last_name",
dbopendynaset )

when I add records to the dataset, they go at end. I tried rs.refresh, but
that didn't work

Thanks for any help

2. .nsx index files

3. Sorting string columns numerically in a grid

4. US-PA-9IAS (WEBDB) DEVELOPER

5. True DB Grid 5.0 - Sort a grid

6. Is there anybody home at Oracle???

7. Sorting Data when using Grid on Form

8. DTS ActiveX Object Question/Error

9. Pasting a column of numbers in Excel into a grid/db grid in VB

10. how to gracefully remove a grid column (in middle of grid)

11. Data Grid "How to Subtotal Columns"

12. VB ADO Data Grid column formatting

13. Resizing columns of the Data Bound Grid Control