Keywords

Post by lcf2 » Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know of any applications like Visual Basic or Visual Dbase
5.5 allow you to have keywords that are greater than 100 characters in
length. If these don't does anyone know of any apllications that do.

Thanks
Laurence

1. keyword "NAME" not reserved keyword

Although "Name" is not listed in the list of reserved keywords in BOL it
does turn blue in query analyzer indicating that it is a keyword.  I was
able to find where it is used in string functions such as <<dimension>>.Name
but that is all.  I know that it is not recommended to use keywords as a
column name on a table but I need more concrete reasons as to why not to
prove my case.  Can anyone give me more reasons?  You can actually run a
query "Select name from MyTable" and not get an error which is the argument
I get from developers.

2. Knowing when data has been added/changed in SQL

3. First keyword in Access any comparable keyword in SQLServer

4. Problems with ADO with Oracle8.0.5

5. incorrect syntax near keyword <keyword> (where????)

6. ORANT71.DLL file

7. Indexing for keywords and LIKE statement

8. Keyword as field name?

9. using DISTINCT keyword with Text datatype

10. How does OUTPUT keyword affect parameter's use as INPUT parameter

11. Using keywords in column name, causes problems ...

12. Keyword/column name problem