ODBC 2.0 API Reference Manual for OpenLink Drivers??

ODBC 2.0 API Reference Manual for OpenLink Drivers??

Post by Ralf Neuber » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I am trying to write an ODBC application with the Openlink ODBCDriver
for UNIX, which is compliant to ODBC 2.0 .  The Driver itself comes from
Openlink without any documentation of the API :-(.
Thatswhy I tried the Microsoft Data Access SDK Documentation, which
describes the API of an ODBC 3.0 Driver. The old 2.0 Funtions are
mentioned only with
the comment "use instead this 3.0 Fkt" :-(

Does anyone one where I can download an old  ODBC 2.0 API-Reference
Manual.

Thanks
    Ralf

ODBC 2.0 API Reference Manual for OpenLink Drivers??

Post by Ken Nort » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

When I created Visigenic's ODBC programming class, they provided me a
copy of the ODBC 2.0 Programmer's Reference and SDK Guide for Unix. At
the time, Visigenic was the licensee for ODBC on non-Windows
platforms. Before Visigenic merged with Borland, they turned that
business over to Intersolv. Intersolv merged with Micro Focus to
create Merant. In theory, Merant should be a source of ODBC
documentation for Unix.

www.merant.com

The UNIX ODBC 2.0 SDK manual was virtually identical to the ODBC 2.0
Programmer's Reference and SDK Guide from Microsoft Press (ISBN
1-55615-658-8). The primary difference is the SQLDriverConnect
function. For Windows, the second argument is a window handle, for
Unix it is a widget handle.

Database Magic with Ken North
(the first book to cover Java in the database)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Ken_North/dbmagic.htm

Quote:>I am trying to write an ODBC application with the Openlink ODBCDriver
>for UNIX, which is compliant to ODBC 2.0.

>Does anyone one where I can download an old  ODBC 2.0 API-Reference
>Manual.

1. Openlink (ODBC) Delphi 2.0 Bug

  Openlink is working on a Delphi 2.0 bug fix.  The problem is with the
ODBC 2.0 Api's.  Openlink has corrected the problem in their Informix Beta
release.  An Ingres Beta release is due in June.

Joe Jelonek
GOG Statistical Office
Roswell Park Cancer Institute

2. Left alignment truncs decimals

3. odbc reference manual on msdn

4. Can't connect to remote SQL Server via SQL Ent. Mgr. or ODBC.

5. odbc reference manual

6. Free Netscape T-shirts!!!

7. ODBC reference manual needed

8. Redo-Log Archiv Problem

9. Importing data using Openlink odbc driver

10. Connection to Informix with Openlink ODBC drivers

11. Oracle Cursors not closed by Microsoft or Openlink ODBC Drivers

12. ODBC "OPENLINK MULTI-TIER DRIVERS"

13. OpenLink ODBC Drivers running in debug mode ...