1. ADO.NET Component and VB6 client - ADO.Net or ADO 2.7
I'm writing a component which references ADO.NET and uses
Interop so that it can be called from a VB6 client.
Question is, do I have to use ADO 2.7 in the .NET
component so that the client can process any returned
recordsets or can I used the ADO.NET functionality in the
component and cast a generated DataSet/Reader to an ADO
RecordSet object ?
I really don't wanna use ADO 2.7 in the .NET component so
if I can't cast it, what else could i use to pass a
DataSet from component to client ? XML could be an option
but I'm concerned about the memory and time overheads with
regards to parsing and processing.
3. Getting rid of the IDENTITY property on a column withou getting rid of the column
5. Getting size of Numeric(x,y) from table column
7. getting RETURN from sql server using ado.net
9. packet size with sql server 2000 ; ado.net
10. Getting around max Text Field Size
11. Writing "text" columns in ADO.NET
12. VB.NET ADO Cant add column to table
13. Problems getting INTEGER columns from ORACLE via ADO