Infolink - D3/Sco to D3/Linux

Post by Dwai » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 01:27:24

Currently using Infolink (Chuck Sable) on a D3/Sco box.  Will be switching
to a D3/Linux box shortly.  Has anyone made a move like this?  If so, were
there any problems?

I know there are other options for file transfers, but thought it would be
easier for all concerned here if we could still use Infolink.  We are in the
process of centralizing operations and after a few months will not need
Infolink.

Dwain

Infolink - D3/Sco to D3/Linux

Post by Jeffrey Kaufma » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 01:49:10

I upgraded from AP/Pro to D3/Linux and needed the D3/Linux version of
Infolinke. You may need to do the same.

If you cannot get a hold of Chuck, try Sam Anderson of EasyCo. Infolinke is
included with EZLite, so Sam should have a copy. Of course I can send you an
account save if all else fails.

--

Jeffrey Kaufman
Key Data Systems Group

Quote:> Currently using Infolink (Chuck Sable) on a D3/Sco box.  Will be switching
> to a D3/Linux box shortly.  Has anyone made a move like this?  If so, were
> there any problems?

> I know there are other options for file transfers, but thought it would be
> easier for all concerned here if we could still use Infolink.  We are in
the
> process of centralizing operations and after a few months will not need
> Infolink.

> Dwain

Infolink - D3/Sco to D3/Linux

Post by Mark Brow » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 05:04:13

While still with Raining Data I assembled all Chuck's modes for all D3
platforms, even NT.  It should work the same everywhere.

--
-------------------------------
Mark Brown

Quote:> Currently using Infolink (Chuck Sable) on a D3/Sco box.  Will be switching
> to a D3/Linux box shortly.  Has anyone made a move like this?  If so, were
> there any problems?

> I know there are other options for file transfers, but thought it would be
> easier for all concerned here if we could still use Infolink.  We are in
the
> process of centralizing operations and after a few months will not need
> Infolink.

> Dwain

Infolink - D3/Sco to D3/Linux

Post by Dwai » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 05:45:46

I was in the same boat as Jeffrey on I had upgraded from AP/Pro to D3/Unix.
I do remember Chuck had to walk me through to correct a couple of items.
Too far back to remember.  We shall see what happens.  Will post results.

Thanks for the replies.

Dwain

Quote:> While still with Raining Data I assembled all Chuck's modes for all D3
> platforms, even NT.  It should work the same everywhere.

> --
> -------------------------------
> Mark Brown
> Ex-Pickie
> "When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People
fear
> the Government, that is tyranny". Thomas Jefferson

Infolink - D3/Sco to D3/Linux

Post by Dwai » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 05:36:59

I am running D3 7.3.0 on Linux 7.1.  The Infolinke is version 5 labeled
D3-SCO.  I have tried to load the program on a clean system  and also went
the route of restoring the Infolinke account from the SCO box.  We have a
permanent security for Infolinke.  It is not completing the install.  The
instructions mention 'when installing on a D3 system, the logon MUST occur
with "-d" option included'.  What is the '-d' option?  I did that but it
still didn't work.

--
Dwain Camp

> While still with Raining Data I assembled all Chuck's modes for all D3
> platforms, even NT.  It should work the same everywhere.

> --
> -------------------------------
> Mark Brown
> Ex-Pickie
> "When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People
fear
> the Government, that is tyranny". Thomas Jefferson

> > Currently using Infolink (Chuck Sable) on a D3/Sco box.  Will be
switching
> > to a D3/Linux box shortly.  Has anyone made a move like this?  If so,
were
> > there any problems?

> > I know there are other options for file transfers, but thought it would
be
> > easier for all concerned here if we could still use Infolink.  We are in
> the
> > process of centralizing operations and after a few months will not need
> > Infolink.

> > Dwain

Infolink - D3/Sco to D3/Linux

Post by Frank Winan » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 06:18:05

"Dwain" wrote
[Infolinke needs -d option when installing on D3]

I suspect they meant to say it needs the    -b  option,
since their install puts custom modes in the system abs. {ugh!}

d3  -40  -b      at the linux # prompt will put you on port 40
with abs protection off.  I got this info from the  HELP command.

Infolink - D3/Sco to D3/Linux

Post by Dwai » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 06:33:17

Will try that.  May not work, but worth a try.

Frank, everything else is running fine.

--
Dwain

Quote:> "Dwain" wrote
> [Infolinke needs -d option when installing on D3]

> I suspect they meant to say it needs the    -b  option,
> since their install puts custom modes in the system abs. {ugh!}

> d3  -40  -b      at the linux # prompt will put you on port 40
> with abs protection off.  I got this info from the  HELP command.

1. D3 SCO to D3 LINUX performance problem

I have upgraded my client from d3 - SCO to d3 7.2.1 - LINUX and experiencing
a serious performance problem. For example the invoicing process has gone
from 1 to 2 seconds to 1 to 5 minutes to complete.
The client runs 4 remote branches connected thought dedicated telephone
connections using Digi concentrators with the main branch using serial and
nailed telnet connections. Between 70 and 80 people are connected at any one
time with between 6 to 10 people invoicing.
I have resized the file and restore the system, removed all unused serial
connections from the digi concentrator and recompiled all programmes with
flashbasic.
The system is showing excessive CPU processing 60-90% when checking with the
top command during invoicing.
I am at a loss at the moment what to do. If anyone has any ideas or
experienced a similar problem it would be great to hear from you.
 Regards,
Alan

--
Alan George
ALO Consulting P/L

Phone: +61-2-9544-1263
Mobile: 0418-609-666
Fax: +61-2-9523-3574

2. new action?

3. D3 7.0 to D3 7.1 Incompatibility problem with c functions on D3/Linux

4. Need Help with APEX DBGrid

5. Direсеrtly sending E-mail From D3 (D3/NT ior D3/Linux)

6. SQL 2K Changing Sort Order

7. D3/Linux - D3-to-Linux communication to print spooler

8. high performance for a cluster ??

9. D3 Proplus 7.2 tape read of D3 SCO 7.1

10. Restore d3/NT fsi account on D3/SCO

11. Calling d3 from perl where d3 is on another linux machine inside a firewall

12. D3/Linux Restore from D3/NT

13. Time to upgrade D3/Linux or D3/NT