1. Importing text files into SQL Server 2000 Database using DTS Import/Export Wizard
I'm having a problem with exporting data from text files(received
by e-mail) into SQL Server 2000 Database. These files
were created by dumping the data from SQL Server 7
tables. Each row of
these files has a fixed length and no special delimeters
between the fields - only spaces.The Wizard detected the import file as a
file with delimited fields(Screen "Select file format"). The next screen of
the Wizard detected the column
delimeter as "other", but I couldn't detect the character. As
soon as put in the delimeter field spaces, it gave me the wrong
number of colums in the result SQL Server Table( = junk).
If I defined the file as a file with fixed length, the next screen
of the Wizard I got the fields with
offset(they were not left justified). When I copied this file into
the database, I got the table with the wrong number of fields
and rong data in them.
Can anybody tell me, what is the problem and is it really
possible to import the data this way ?
Any suggestions are appreciated.
3. Restore database from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2000 (beta 2 version)
5. Help - restore backup file from SQL server 2000 on SQL server 7.0 failed
6. Got It! VB3 Using ODBC to MS SQL Server
7. Importing EXEL file into sql server 2000 Database gives COLLATE error
8. Newbie! Deleting Records across Tables
9. SQL Server 2000 Importing a database file
10. Restore from Sql server 2000 database to Sql server 7
11. Restoring msdb database from SQL Server 7.0 backup to SQL Server 2000
12. Restore database from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 7.0
13. Restoring SQL Server 7.0 database to SQL Server 2000 Environment Question