Converting CS+ to Excel

Post by digge » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

We recently changed our database platform from Power95 to D3 NT.  We were
running CS+ on the Power95 machine (still are in fact) and have a large
number of spread sheets that we still maintain.  We are faced with a
situation where the Power95 licence is soon to expire and we need to export
the CS+ spreadsheets to Excel.  Has anybody actually done this?  If so, can
you help me?

I am told that ViaDuct has a product which will perform this operation.
Can anybody confirm this? And if so, do you have some contact details for
them.

Thanks in advance,

Alan Ramsay
IT Manager
Sealanes (1985) Pty Ltd

Converting CS+ to Excel

Post by Nathan Recto » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

You can convert CS+ spreadsheet to Lotus Spreadsheets using ViaDuct.
You can access Lotus Spreadsheets from Excel.

If you have viaduct, then you will need to transfer the program files to
the host by doing a "Copy from PC to Host" of the file cscopy.ctp.

Then compile and catalog the program CSCOPY.

There are instructions in the manual on how to do this.

-Nathan Rector
 Natec Systems

> We recently changed our database platform from Power95 to D3 NT.  We were
> running CS+ on the Power95 machine (still are in fact) and have a large
> number of spread sheets that we still maintain.  We are faced with a
> situation where the Power95 licence is soon to expire and we need to export
> the CS+ spreadsheets to Excel.  Has anybody actually done this?  If so, can
> you help me?

> I am told that ViaDuct has a product which will perform this operation.
> Can anybody confirm this? And if so, do you have some contact details for
> them.

> Thanks in advance,

> Alan Ramsay
> IT Manager
> Sealanes (1985) Pty Ltd

1. Convert Excel 97 report to Excel 95

I have a question reqarding Excel 95.  I have already created a Excel 97
report which is against SQL server.  Everything is working fine.  But
now, I have to convert it from Excel 97 to Excel 95.  There is some
functions which are not supported by Excel 95, such as ADO connection
and DateAdd().  Is there any workaround method for DateAdd()?

And for the ADO connection, I had an idea.  Basically, create a Access
95 database which is linked to the SQL server, and then use the DAO
connection to the Access 95 and get the data from the database.  The
report only read data from Database.  I read some articles saying that I
have to use workspace object to connect to the database.  I tried that
method, but I wouldn't connect to the database.  The error message is
the database source doesn't exist or the database is exclusively locked
by another user.  I checked the database, no body is using it except me.
So would you please give me some suggestion on how to solve the above
problems.  Thank you for your time in helping me to the solve problem.

Vicky

2. parallel users online

3. Q: Convert query output to MS Excel

4. Truncate Log on Checkpoint with ArcServe

5. Convert Excel formula to update DTS package

6. Close In System Menu Not Terminating Properly

7. can excel data convert to SQL Server?

8. Text Column retrive limited about 8000 bytes

9. Excel Report stops converting currency

10. newbie question how to convert Excel formula

11. convert data between excel to sql server

12. an easy way to convert excel to SQL

13. Convert Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Script??