To ingstop -f or ingstop -kill ?

Post by Andre Laframbois » Thu, 11 May 2000 04:00:00

Thought I'd use a lifeline and ask the audience...............

I know ingstop -kill works when most other things fail.
But the sysref.pdf (and ingstart -help) only mentions
a -f (force or immediate ) parameter.

What exactly is the difference ?

Andre

To ingstop -f or ingstop -kill ?

Post by Gale, Peter C » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Andre,

What are the four choices?

Seriously though. -force and -kill both use iimonitor << !
stop server
quit
!
to force shut the servers with active sessions. -kill goes on to use kill -9
if the server still insists* around.

Only to be used in dire situations I would suggest.

That's my final answer

Peter Gale
PJG Computer Services Ltd