BaseTableName Property of Field Object is NULL

BaseTableName Property of Field Object is NULL

Post by Joe Marinell » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:42:26

I have been using the dynamic properties collection of the
ADO Field Object with the JET 4.0 provider, and it is
working fine.   However, when I try and use the MSDASQL
provider, many of the dynamic properties are returning
NULL.  Specifically the BASETABLENAME property.

Is there a way to use the ODBC provider and access these
ADO Field Object Properties?

Thanks in advance,

-joe

1. BaseTableName - return null? (ADO)

Why is the BaseTableName and all other properties
returning null for the fields??

strSQL = "SELECT * FROM MyTable"
adoRS.Open strSQL, adoCN, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly
        For intIndex = 0 To adoRS.Fields
(0).Properties.Count - 1
            Debug.Print adoRS.Fields(0).Name, _
                adoRS.Fields(0).Properties(intIndex).Name,
_
                adoRS.Fields(0).Properties(intIndex).Value
    adoRS.Close

2. Ingres / ICE

3. Null values in object properties, created from database.

4. Where is VBSQL.VBX file?

5. Set properties of a Class object to null

6. 13707-OR-Greater Eugene Area-Software Development-SYBASE-ORACLE-Ingres-Informix-

7. Field Properties NULL in RS opened from Persisted Data

8. collate in SQL server (value CS/table CI)

9. data field + NULL field = NULL???

10. Default for NULL/NOT NULL column property ?

11. How to change properties of field object in sqlserver 2000

12. how to get field property by using ADOX object

13. Performance Problems when accessing the Properties of a field object