How can I extract sub-total from a sub-report into the main report

How can I extract sub-total from a sub-report into the main report

Post by Erase » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 09:43:32

Crystal Reports 6 and SQL (Macola)

I have a main report pulling information from a database.

In it I have inserted a sub-report and in it have a
sub-total of a group of numbers.  I want to pull the
sub-total out and insert into a formula in the main report.

I have tried linking it and a few other things that didn't
work.  I'm stuck and don't know what to try.  The Crystal
book is vague on sub reports, they're easy to insert but no
info on pulling data out of one.

Can anyone give me a suggestion or direct me where I can
find out how to retrieve the sub-total?

How can I extract sub-total from a sub-report into the main report

Post by Ronald Richte » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 07:16:39

In Crystal 8.5 you can declare a shared-variable in the main-report.
I don't know, if Crystal 6 supports shared variables.
This variable is usable in the hole report.
Be careful with shared variable and the IIF-Funktion in Crystal 8.5!
I have had some problems from lower levels to upper levels with the value.
Instead of IIF use IF...THEN...ELSE.

Greetings from Dortmund, Germany
Ronald Richter

Quote:> Crystal Reports 6 and SQL (Macola)

> I have a main report pulling information from a database.

> In it I have inserted a sub-report and in it have a
> sub-total of a group of numbers.  I want to pull the
> sub-total out and insert into a formula in the main report.

> I have tried linking it and a few other things that didn't
> work.  I'm stuck and don't know what to try.  The Crystal
> book is vague on sub reports, they're easy to insert but no
> info on pulling data out of one.

> Can anyone give me a suggestion or direct me where I can
> find out how to retrieve the sub-total?

How can I extract sub-total from a sub-report into the main report

Post by GdB » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:18:20

Quote:> In Crystal 8.5 you can declare a shared-variable in the main-report.
> I don't know, if Crystal 6 supports shared variables.

Nop. Download the UFLSTORE functions from the Crystal Decisions website.

If you've downloaded the UFLSTORE functions and have questions about them,
please try the Cogniza newsgroups. You'll find more active Crystal Reports
using people in those groups.

Possible groups:
public.seagate.crystal-reports.general
public.seagate.crystal-reports.programming

The groups are also available via the forums on the website
(http://www.cogniza.com).

Gert

1. How can I extract sub-total from a sub-report into the main report

Crystal Reports 6 and SQL (Macola)

I have a main report pulling information from a database.

In it I have inserted a sub-report and in it have a
sub-total of a group of numbers.  I want to pull the
sub-total out and insert into a formula in the main report.

I have tried linking it and a few other things that didn't
work.  I'm stuck and don't know what to try.  The Crystal
book is vague on sub reports, they're easy to insert but no
info on pulling data out of one.

Can anyone give me a suggestion or direct me where I can
find out how to retrieve the sub-total?

2. Apps Developers Wanted

3. Crystal Reports - Main/Sub Reports

4. Other Archives for this Group other than deja?

5. Need Help! Sub-totals within Sub-Totals

6. This action was cancelled ...

7. REports and sub-reports in Crystal Reports

8. Summers Over

9. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

10. Multiple levels of sub-totals in a report

11. Type, sub-type, and sub-sub-type database design

12. Master Parts/Sub Parts/Sub-Sub Parts

13. Question: Outer Joins in MS SQL-Server when using Sub-Reports of Crystal Reports