Pre-Imaging schemes?

Post by Mark McWiggi » Sat, 02 Jun 1990 22:44:00

We have a database application that's based on the Btrieve file manager.
Since our application runs on a PC network, and our users have the
disturbing tendency to turn the machine off in the middle of database
updates and so forth, Btrieve's pre-imaging scheme seems to make sense.

Btrieve works only on DOS (there is a Xenix version, but it's quite buggy),
so we use Ctree for our non-DOS targets.  We thought it might add an extra
measure of database integrity to add preimaging to Ctree.  Has someone
already done this?

If not ... can someone point me to a good reference or three on preimaging?

Thanks in advance.
--

Mark McWiggins                  UUCP:           uunet!intek01!mark

                                                (206) 455-9935

1. Creating a disk image with SQL Server MSDE Edition Pre-Installed

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody knows of a way to release MSDE as
part of a machine build.

I have found that on boot up of the new machine with the
build you have to:-

- keep the original machine name else SQL doesn't start
- change the SQL server name using sp_add\dropserver
- change the machine name
- Patch the registry by re-installing MSDE.

Can anyone suggest a way around this?  As we would rather
NOT alter the build at all.

Also, does anybody know why it is recommended to re-run
the installation?  Can the patching of the Registry be
done manually?

Any pointers would be welcome.

Many thanks
-Balwinder Kaur

2. Using Arrays instead of Recordsets

3. Pre-page images in WAL

4. Needing Career Advice

5. Pre-image Problem

6. PDOX 5: no query possible

7. SQL Enterprise Manager problem : some text don't appear with high-contrast desktop scheme

8. RA_PAGES and RA_THRESHOLD Defaults

9. How do I specify the connection scheme ?

10. Will this replication scheme work?

11. Replication with Fallback Servers, using Compaq Scheme !

12. queriing database scheme information

13. restore -> wrong unicode scheme